Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Just curious; has anyone seen any vehicles stranded that they suspect might have run out of fuel?

Or are most people just driving around on a full tank now and biting their nails when the gauge drops to 3/4 full?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just curious; has anyone seen any vehicles stranded that they suspect might have run out of fuel?

Or are most people just driving around on a full tank now and biting their nails when the gauge drops to 3/4 full?
Seen a couple of cars abandoned - may have broken down but could equally have run out..one was very close to a garage that was open....

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Think the second paragraph is it.
I would rarely have more than half tank when not planning a long trip, and would top up when down less than say 60 miles left say. Probably a lot of people were similar, and many now have anxiety and have flipped their behaviour.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think the second paragraph is it.
I would rarely have more than half tank when not planning a long trip, and would top up when down less than say 60 miles left say. Probably a lot of people were similar, and many now have anxiety and have flipped their behaviour.

I drive 200 miles a week commuting to work. Normally put petrol in once I week but I filled up last Friday and when I get below 200 miles in the tank I will start paying attention with a view to topping up again so as I am good for another 2 weeks and that should see this cleared (hopefully)

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Our local Sainsbury's has decided to open the petrol station from 11.00pm to 6.00am to allow access to the supermarket during the day. It seems to have worked well.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I tend to fill up when the tank is a quarter full. I don't tend to buy in £20 or £30. If I'm at the pump, I'll fill it. Less trips to the garage for me.
This is my routine as well. I couldn't be doing with topping up every few days

The town where I live is still scatty for supplies but where I work has calmed down. I will be okay until this time next week when I am due to go away for the weekend and so need matters to be calm!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just been on a panic buying mission.

Went to the nearest motorway services and took about 15 minutes to wind round the circuit to the pumps, paid through the nose but I was getting quite low.

Cant write anymore as I'm just off to Tesco as we've only 42 toilet rolls left in store!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wish Id panic bought the heating oil last week lol. 500litres for £210 is now £310 :(

To be fair, heating oil always goes up around now as people start checking their heating for winter. Passed 3 tankers in the village alone this morning filling up people's oil supplies.

I always have the tank filled up in late August, Early September and price tends to be OK and that will get me through most of the winter.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To be fair, heating oil always goes up around now as people start checking their heating for winter. Passed 3 tankers in the village alone this morning filling up people's oil supplies.

I always have the tank filled up in late August, Early September and price tends to be OK and that will get me through most of the winter.

first time weve ever bought it, lesson learned (repeating theme lol)

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just been on a panic buying mission.

Went to the nearest motorway services and took about 15 minutes to wind round the circuit to the pumps, paid through the nose but I was getting quite low.

Cant write anymore as I'm just off to Tesco as we've only 42 toilet rolls left in store!

Yesterday the Mrs came back from work and said, that everyone is talking about bog rolls being in short supply soon.. do we have any left.

Who the flip, is spreading all this news? who is talking this country down?

At this rate, i wont have anything to buy for Christmas..

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
first time weve ever bought it, lesson learned (repeating theme lol)

Look for a subscription where you pay monthly and get normally 4 top ups a year and they do it all for you. No need to remember to order but if you see it particularly cheap you can always get the tank filled anyway.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yesterday the Mrs came back from work and said, that everyone is talking about bog rolls being in short supply soon.. do we have any left.

Who the flip, is spreading all this news? who is talking this country down?

At this rate, i wont have anything to buy for Christmas..

who is posting this on nationwide forums to continue the spread of the news? ;)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Look for a subscription where you pay monthly and get normally 4 top ups a year and they do it all for you. No need to remember to order but if you see it particularly cheap you can always get the tank filled anyway.

just got to decide whether were sticking with oil first......