Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The petrol stations are to blame as well, they should have a £25 cap per customer to stop hoarding of fuel in cars or cans that simply isn't required. But they don't care, as they get to hike the prices up and make more money.

I drove past one independent station yesterday which was charging an eye watering £1.56 for a litre of diesel.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Evening all

I was due to be going to a golf day tomorrow but am low on fuel and not sure I have enough to get there and back. Stations near me are cleared out so I may have to take my chances and see if it make it or not.

My wife was on the red line and managed to get some on her way home from work. A lady in front of her filled up her car and then got multiple cannisters from her boot and filled those up too....

So, question is.... Have you been an panic bought today? If so, did you need it or did you just top up to make sure you had a full tank?

My daughter rang me to tell me the local station was getting very busy so I jumped in my old defender and was able to fill up my 5 x 20L jerry cans and my tank too! I actually drive an E-Tron day to day but took the opportunity to make sure my family were sorted and dont have to mess about hunting for fuel.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Well, reluctantly in a queue now. No idea if it will be fruitful, but well below an 1/8th tank so rolling the dice.

Last edited:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Drove past Sainsbury's this am to do some work in my son's garden. No Q so popped in to fill up. Two guys marshalling non existent Qs. 132.9
Passed BP on way back. Two cars waiting for pump to clear. 135.9

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just back from the club, past 2 petrol stations on the main A39, no Q’s in either, took advantage and filled up ready for next weeks H4H day.

All you guys struggling, pop down to N Devon, plenty here, I’ll might even treat you to a round of golf :love:

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Had to be expensive "fancy" diesel, couldn't bring myself to put too much in ?. The garage hadn't turned on the prices so only way you knew was by the queues. Reaching the forecourt didn't seem to take that long, but once there it was like following that slow 4-ball. Everything seemed to be on slow motion, walking, looking for keys/wallet/purse, putting seatbelt on etc. ?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Went to 2x BPs, 2x Sainsbury and 1 Morrisons… no Diesel anywhere.. slightly better position on petrol… madness… WTF is wrong with people.. are they snorting this stuff?

Also might help if garages turn off the lights on the price displays (or turn it to zero).. atleast that will stop people queuing and then driving thru the forecourt.

Cobham services on M25 has fuel for HGVs only.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just back from the club, past 2 petrol stations on the main A39, no Q’s in either, took advantage and filled up ready for next weeks H4H day.

All you guys struggling, pop down to N Devon, plenty here, I’ll might even treat you to a round of golf :love:
It's so remote there the tanker drivers have to queue up to refill themselves on the way. ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
And another fruitless search for diesel....even got in a queue as a tanker had turned up....unleaded..:rolleyes:
Nowhere open, no diesel to be found.
Another day off beckons and I might just leave it until the weekend now.
Getting really very pissed off with it all now.:mad::poop:

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And another fruitless search for diesel....even got in a queue as a tanker had turned up....unleaded..:rolleyes:
Nowhere open, no diesel to be found.
Another day off beckons and I might just leave it until the weekend now.
Getting really very pissed off with it all now.:mad::poop:

How absolutely nuts, it's not like you can find out somewhere has fuel without wasting your own searching for it....

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Had a customer due to pick their "new" used car up last night. We usually put £20.00 worth in as a gesture, but he asked me to fill it and he would pay the extra.
Queued up at the local petrol station, no longer than 10 minutes. Job done.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a customer due to pick their "new" used car up last night. We usually put £20.00 worth in as a gesture, but he asked me to fill it and he would pay the extra.
Queued up at the local petrol station, no longer than 10 minutes. Job done.

Very sensible move from the customer

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Saturday there were a couple of fuel stations that were closed having sold out, since then no queues or fuel shortages locally.

I was in Norfolk on Monday though and most fuel stations were either sold out or only fuelling HGV's.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So how are pumps having unleaded, but running out of diesel so quickly. Arguably, 'most' diesel vehicles will be high capacity - SUVs, Vans, pickups etc. So per vehicle needs more than average petrol cars. However, cant see how not many garages have run out of diesel.

So is it the van and tractor drivers who are proving to be the idiots draining the tanks?