P790 gapping?

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
One for everyone rocking the p790s
I noticed the lofts start to increase to about 5 degree gaps towards the 9 iron and pW just wondering if any of you are noticing big gaps in yardage towards that end of your bag and with the extra distance is it more towards 7 iron down or is the pw flying further too meaning your gap wedge has to be lofted down?

Thanks

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I noticed the lofts start to increase to about 5 degree gaps towards the 9 iron and pW just wondering if any of you are noticing big gaps in yardage towards that end of your bag and with the extra distance is it more towards 7 iron down or is the pw flying further too meaning your gap wedge has to be lofted down?

Thanks

My advice would be go somewhere with a launch monitor and find your distances with the 790's and play about with some different wedges to find what works.

I think this is turning up as a common thing with the new hollow head clubs. Watched Rick Shiels trying out the new PING i500 and he was concerned about the gap between the wedge and the 7i, I think it was something like 46 yards meaning he would only have 2 clubs covering this distance. I think if I was going to get a set of these I would want all of lofts customizing to get better gaping throughout the set.

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Thanks

My distance gapping remains constant at about 10yds despite the increase in loft gapping. What I did need to do was add an A wedge and change my other wedges from 52/56 to 54/58