Oxford English Dictionary

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Some entertaining responses here - and a distinct lack of taking it seriously - which I approve of, naturally.
How about I run this one passed Suzie Dent?
Handicap: the total number of strokes a golfer receives when they play with or against other players, depending on the slope rating of the course, the format of play and the corresponding handicap allowance and how these factors affect their current handicap index, which is a number that is calculated based on the their lowest eight scores out of the last twenty scores that they have submitted for handicap assessment and adjustment where for each score so submitted a calculation was made of the course rating of the course played subtracted from their adjusted gross score, (net double bogey limit) multiplied by one hundred and thirteen then divided by the slope rating of the course played and these eight calculations are added together and divided by eight to give them the aforementioned handicap index, which itself could be inaccurate by one decimal place due to the eight calculations being rounded to one decimal place producing eight errors or tolerances of plus or minus zero point zero five, although the majority of handicap indices will be correct.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some entertaining responses here - and a distinct lack of taking it seriously - which I approve of, naturally.
Handicap: the total number of strokes a golfer receives when they play with or against other players, depending on the slope rating of the course, the format of play and the corresponding handicap allowance and how these factors affect their current handicap index, which is a number that is calculated based on the their lowest eight scores out of the last twenty scores that they have submitted for handicap assessment and adjustment where for each score so submitted a calculation was made of the course rating of the course played subtracted from their adjusted gross score, (net double bogey limit) multiplied by one hundred and thirteen then divided by the slope rating of the course played and these eight calculations are added together and divided by eight to give them the aforementioned handicap index, which itself could be inaccurate by one decimal place due to the eight calculations being rounded to one decimal place producing eight errors or tolerances of plus or minus zero point zero five, although the majority of handicap indices will be correct.
Sounds about right.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Handicap : An English comic strip created by cartoonist Reg Smythe

View attachment 35815
OK so I'm getting side-tracked here, but I've got an Andy talc dispenser that my maternal grandmother bought as a present for my dad circa 1968. They are rubbery so they don't break. I've seen them on ebay for up to £20. I might try and attach it to the golf bag later in the year.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

As we say in Glasgow--'aih?'.................Or elsewhere-'what the hell does that mean?'

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well I just looked up Suzie Dent’s word of the day and how relevant it is for some people!

Word of the Day (on repeat) is 'ipsedixitism': the dogmatic assertion that something is 'fact' without any proof to back it up, or because someone, somewhere said it.