Overswinging

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My next game i am planning to mentally swing a 3/4 swing

In the past i have been guilty of overswinging causing breakdown of arms etc

Has anyboy else had this issue and what were the faults that were removed with a 3/4 swing

I am hoping for better direction and contact with slight loss if any in distance

Luulox

Assistant Pro
Visit site
By no means an expert, but i had same problems wi overswinging and my pro told me to have my arms and club in an L at the top of my swing. Sorted lots of problems out for me and actually increased distance, kept swing connected and helped with direction too.

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a problem when I used to try and rip the face off the ball with every shot. I've slowed my swing speed down and have a deliberately slow back swing which I believe mentally maps the swing path for the downswing

Neddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Problem i used to have. A 3/4 swing is just so much easier, more compact and will help you find the sweet spot far more easily.

The key word is control. I used to be all over the place with my arms but i now feel like I control my golf swing, it's not just pot luck whether i hit it well or not.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have a problem with getting the club across the line. Not good for a 1 plane swing but it is getting better. I need to work on it more. When I feel I have made a 3/4 swing it is still longer than I think. Hard to keep it short