Over ear or in ear?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can you get noise cancelling in ear headphones? I have a pair of Bose in ear headphones, wired, and they don't fall out. I think they call them sports headphones. A bit of a wiggle each time to get them in but once in, they stay in. They are great for most use but would not fit your flying brief. They are not noise cancelling and whilst they block out a good deal, they are not in the same league as proper noise cancelling ones.

My daughter bought these after Christmas, https://www.johnlewis.com/sony-wh-c...ar-headphones-with-mic-remote/blue/p110194491 She got them for £80 so if you hunt around maybe you can match that. She was willing to pay much more but read the reviews, went in shop to try them and went for them. I tried them, they were great, but don't know about longevity at this stage. They are Sony though, you would hope they are well built. Otherwise, go Bose again, they are quality.

Since you posted this I have watched the Hannah Fry programs on the Beeb where she takes things apart to show how they work. One of the programs was on headphones and at the Bose factory they showed how in the ear noise cancelling works. Made me realise why some makes are so expensive as well.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Over ear for me, possibly a carry over from my DJing days.

Recently got a set of Edifier W830NB noise cancelling deeleys, very comfortable and perform well.

I’d heard of Edifier before but not much other than a few active speakers that sounded decent.

So took the plunge and for £70 I have to say I am impressed. LDAC codec as well but the best but is the app for tuning the listening experience.

They replaced a set of Sennheisers that cost more than double and got to say they are worth it.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got a pair of Bose QC Ultra ear buds and have been very impressed - great noise cancelling but you can also change modes to ‘aware’ ( where you can hear background noise) or ‘immersive’ if you really want to lose yourself😂 fit very snug so no danger of falling out and an app allows you to adjust the bass/treble/balance etc - prob the same for many earbuds but I’d not seen that. Worth the investment so far