Out of bounds

Gentabout

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ok so last night I had a bit of a hmm well not sure what really but it wasn't good.

Stood on the 9th with an internal OOB's on the right I managed to send the first well over it with my driver, I teed up another and took the trusty 3 wood out and proceeded to send that one over as well but not as far and then for good measure a 3rd! This amused my mate no end. I decided that as we were just playing for fun and a bit of practice that I would just blob the hole and not risk a 4th. I found all three balls with 2 being on the adjacent fairway and the 3rd actually on the OOB line (must have got a good bounce).

What should I have done. Could I have dropped after the 1st where it went out 200 yards away?

If I had played a 4th of the tee and managed to keep it in play what would the score have been for that ball? 9?

Good news was that I managed to par the next whole after an awesome tee shot with a 5 iron...

Cheers

Dean

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
In no particular order....

If the adjacent fairway was OOB then it comes down to your 3rd tee shot which you say was ' on the line' defining the OOB. The line itself is OOB, and to be OOB all of you ball needs to be OOB - so from that you can work out whether your 3rd ball, 5th shot, was in play.

If it was also OOB then you would be playing another from the tee in medal play, and that would be your 7th shot.

Any options with the 1st and second ball would of course depend on you declaring subsequent balls provisional.

Gentabout

Medal Winner
Visit site
The second ball was declared as a provisional and so was the third.

Im not sure on the penalties though, does the below sound right?

Stroke
1 Ball OOB
2 Penalty (new ball in play)
3 Ball OOB
4 Penalty (new ball in play)
5 Ball OOB
6 Penalty (new ball in play)
7 New tee shot?

If the 1st/2nd or 3rd was lost/OOB do you have to go back to the tee or can you drop where it went out for a penalty or is that just for water?

Thanks

D

Deleted Member 1156

If you knock a ball OOB you have to replay another ball from where you played the previous shot, you don't have the option to take a drop where it crossed the OOB marker/line.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
The second ball was declared as a provisional and so was the third.

Im not sure on the penalties though, does the below sound right?

Stroke
1 Ball OOB
2 Penalty (new ball in play)
3 Ball OOB
4 Penalty (new ball in play)
5 Ball OOB
6 Penalty (new ball in play)
7 New tee shot?

If the 1st/2nd or 3rd was lost/OOB do you have to go back to the tee or can you drop where it went out for a penalty or is that just for water?

Thanks

For water you have the additional reference point where the ball last crossed the margin of the hazard, and options relating to that as well as the point the last stroke was played from.

With a lost ball, or one found but OOB, your only reference point is point the last stroke was made from.