Oulton Hall, Leeds

• Thread starter Deleted member 15717
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15717

Visiting here next month for 3 rounds of golf as a large group...never played there before and wondered if anyone had any recent experience playing there?

Read some bits online and they mentioned bunkers being iffy...with 3 new wedges coming tomorrow it’ll make me cry if chunks are taken out of them!

Any hints and tips also appreciated!

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played it maybe 2 years ago and wasn't that impressed tbh but a mate has played it since and said it was decent. Not sure what it was about the course but it didn't grab me, couple of really poor holes and the best hole that I can remember was the 18th playing up to the clubhouse.

cvieri32

Hacker
Visit site
I've played Oulton Hall a number of times living close by and use the range frequently. The course is in good condition at the moment and as per the previous post, the 18th up to the clubhouse is one of, if not the standout hole. Rounds can be on the slow side on a weekend as you'd expect on a resort course (the worst I've experienced was almost 5 hours, though I've been round in under 4 too) - I once played on a Saturday lunchtime in spring and there were 5 4 balls all waiting to tee off on the 19th hole (there are 3 loops of 9 holes).

The clubhouse is excellent with a nice terrace overlooking the 18th (amongst others) and food also good there. I'm sure you'll have a great weekend! :)

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played there last year, we had to play holes 10-27, shame as I really liked the look of the 9th. It was OK but not many holes stick in my memory

D

Deleted member 15717

I'm not surprised that it lacks some standout holes...it is a hotel course. Good to hear that it has been in good condition, so that's a relief. Hopefully there will be sand in the bunkers. The round length won't bother me too much...playing with guys who play infrequently, and it is always slow every year we go away!

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not surprised that it lacks some standout holes...it is a hotel course. Good to hear that it has been in good condition, so that's a relief. Hopefully there will be sand in the bunkers. The round length won't bother me too much...playing with guys who play infrequently, and it is always slow every year we go away!

Yes it is what it is, plus your away playing golf - as long as the course is playable who cares.