Oulton Hall - Leeds

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Visited Oulton Hall (Leeds) with three mates and took advantage of their Sunday Driver deal (£99pp for two rounds plus dinner, bed and breakfast over Sunday/Monday). There are three loops of nine but they booked us on the same two each day and couldn't squeeze in any changes - so we played 19-27 then 1-9 on both days. The course was is excellent condition. The fairways are fairly wide so not too challenging from the tee (which is good for me!). Greens were generally flat and true, and offered a consistent pace throughout. There were some long walks between the holes (e.g. 21-22 and 27-1) and it's hilly so buggies are recommended.

The staff in both the clubhouse and hotel were excellent and the bedrooms, food, locker rooms, bar, restaurant etc. were all very pleasant. Drinks were pricey (£3.50 for a coffee, £5.00 for a Peroni) but there is a pub called the Three Horseshoes near the hotel entrance if you prefer.

Now the bad part, the hotel is part of the QHotels group and their booking service was shockingly bad. Emails were ignored and the call centre could not have been less helpful. I ended up booking via YourGolfTravel who were brilliant. I wouldn't even attempt booking direct with QHotels again.

In short - Oulton Hall is recommended for a golf break but book via YourGolfTravel if you value your sanity.

Shep