Orka Golf

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have friends who live in Baldock so would probably go to ORKA directly if I were to buy them (found some indicative prices online, seem incredibly reasonably priced for what they are offering).

This maybe beyond your knowledge but I'll ask anyway, if you don't know I'll contact ORKA directly.

The guy who reshafted by 3-wood was saying that most OEM shafts were made using brine, meaning they don't last long and age harden very quickly. Over the years my x-stiff shafts has become xx-stiff he said. Whereas the better shaft manufacturers use oil in their processes instead of brine meaning they last a hell of a lot longer before hardening.

Do you know it ORKA's shafts are made with the oil process, I am presuming they are

rOwly at the end of the day you are having the clubs built for you, you can have pretty much any shaft you want put in them! if you want to talk technical details get in touch with Alex on fbook or twitter hes always happy to advise and educate where he can regarding how and why clubs are built

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
will depend on the fitter you go see. But ORKA do have their own shaft that is produced by FST (Who make KBS). I've used it in all my irons and we cant beat it for me when doing testing. NH9 - PRo i think its called

I'll bow to your superior knowledge here but I'm not sure you are 100% correct here. FST and KBS are under the same umbrella of FEMCO Steel. My understanding is KBS are designed by Kim Braley. They simply use the same processing plant as FST.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll bow to your superior knowledge here but I'm not sure you are 100% correct here. FST and KBS are under the same umbrella of FEMCO Steel. My understanding is KBS are designed by Kim Braley. They simply use the same processing plant as FST.
I dont mind being corrected at all. but.

Femco Steel Technology is FST.

just looking at FST website it says - for information on FSTs new premium shaft KBS Steel Shafts, click here (i cant get on the site when i click it as its blocked at work)

so that wording is consistent with the comment made.

one would think you're just being pedantic

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Really excited by the Orka offering. THis forum is great when you need some inside information, thanks for your input and response to the thread folks. I'm in contact with Alex and will be getting the ball rolling soon. Will let you know how it goes. Andy

D

Deleted Member 1156

I was fitted for PS9 blades (replaced by RS1 but look the same) The price came as a bit of a shock to be honest (a very pleasant one :D ) 3-PW fitted with KBS shafts was £495 and the fitting process on top was an additional £40.

Much better value than the big name brands which would have cost £7-800+ for similar.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was fitted for PS9 blades (replaced by RS1 but look the same) The price came as a bit of a shock to be honest (a very pleasant one :D ) 3-PW fitted with KBS shafts was £495 and the fitting process on top was an additional £40.

Much better value than the big name brands which would have cost £7-800+ for similar.

Gordon, have you seen the Chipper they are releasing?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
which part is not correct? i stand to be corrected, but The RS10s are forged in Japan. The others are Japanese steel forged in China...

hence the RS10s costing more

Ah! That's an update from the discussion!

Japanese steel, forged in China was what previous models were. But if the RS10s are from Kyoei, then that's your post was correct - for them!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah! That's an update from the discussion!

Japanese steel, forged in China was what previous models were. But if the RS10s are from Kyoei, then that's your post was correct - for them!

sorry I probably Should have been clearer! 😁

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Totally isolated incident IMO, and the OP of that scenario joined the forum specifically to vent and has never been seen since!

Wouldnt be Jacko if he wasn't trying to stir things up

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
sorry I probably Should have been clearer! 😁

No probs!

Having played Miura and Vega blades in the past, I'd have been happy with the Jsp Steel/China forged Orca ones I tried (but the seller wanted too much) some time ago!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I always thought if I ever get custom fit it will be with a full Orka set, well maybe not a new putter but the rest is up for change.