Orange Ball Anyone?

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I prefer the two tone orange/yellow balls. They seem to fly straighter and roll better on the greens if you line them up properly first.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A fascinating study that has me converted to AF, I'm going to get them to send me a few sleeves to see how my game reacts to the Fluorescence and if the study holds good for me.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Last time I played with an orange ball was way back in the 1970s.
Fluorescent colours were popular for a short time - clothes, cars etc.

Uniroyal Plus 6 with hexagonal dimples. (Could not find a pic of an orange one)

uniroyal plus 6 hex.jpg

Skytot

Visit site
My mate sometimes plays with orange balls , told him don’t expect me to see it in the rough being colour blind .

sunshine

Visit site
Love it.

Orange is highly visible on a white background. So excellent if you are playing lots of bunker shots or playing in the snow.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst it may have been a 1st April thing one of the things I found interesting a few years ago was that the coloured version of a ball might not be on the conforming ball list but the white one was.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm not a fan of Orange, unless it were in snow or ice, but saying that I don't bother playing when it's like that any longer. My colour of choice though would be Pink. Easy to follow in the sky in winter.

Jaco

Medal Winner
Visit site

I like brightly coloured balls. Callaway Supersoft in matte green are my ones of choice, but I’ve just bought 40 from Premier Lake Balls and it wasn’t an option to choose the colour, so I now have a mix.
I still lose plenty, but find them easier to spot than white ones, as a general rule.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I like brightly coloured balls. Callaway Supersoft in matte green are my ones of choice, but I’ve just bought 40 from Premier Lake Balls and it wasn’t an option to choose the colour, so I now have a mix.
I still lose plenty, but find them easier to spot than white ones, as a general rule.

I like the Callaway matte green too, really easy to follow in air and see on ground, you can also try:

Wilson 'Chaos' green (dunno if available in UK)
Srixon softfeel green (on sale at clubhouse golf just now £15.99 !)
even Inesis soft 500 green from decathlon are decent

Albo

Visit site
Having read just the first part of that, they appear to say that there is a gain on 0.8 yards on full shots and a couple of paragraphs later say the thermal effect contributes to a gain of between 2 and 5 yards on full shots 🤔