Opponent taking the flag out without me asking - what's the rule??

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Why would you be standing next to the pin, and not be attending it. If you aren't attending, get out of the way.

If you are standing by the pin, you are deemed to be attending it. It's in the rules.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought the rule was - You have to be holding the flag to be seen as attending it. If you just stand by it and dont have hold of it, you can't then grab it. Or words to that effect.

7 Hermesetas with mine, please. Just the 4 bourbons. :)

nope

if you can reach it without moving your feet before the player putts you are deemed to be attending it.

Q: Note 1 to Rule 17-1 states that, if anyone “stands near the hole”, he is seemed to be attending the flagstick. Is such a person considered to be standing “near the hole” if he is close enough to touch the flagstick?
A: Yes.

bourbons? Is that 4 chocolate biscuits with it, or 4 shots in it?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
nope

if you can reach it without moving your feet before the player putts you are deemed to be attending it.

Q: Note 1 to Rule 17-1 states that, if anyone “stands near the hole”, he is seemed to be attending the flagstick. Is such a person considered to be standing “near the hole” if he is close enough to touch the flagstick?
A: Yes.

bourbons? Is that 4 chocolate biscuits with it, or 4 shots in it?

I stand corrected, I read something recently, but I thought it had to be held to be seen as attending. The situation given was, a pairs partner who was not attanding the flag for his partner, can't change their mind mid-putt and then go and get the flag, after his partner's ball is on the way.

Custard creams, if you have no Bourbons.