Open Comps - North East

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Heads up lads there is a open at Tyneside on 8th march. Pairs me and moogie already in it

"Handicap Limit: 20"

- bummer, I'm off 23 at the moment, quite fancied it as well, never played in an open before, or indeed, a 4BBB before. Maybe next year!

serious question -
do most opens have restrictions on high handicappers?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You would just play off 20 on the day

ah right.

what's the drill with opens? do people bother to play in the opens at their own club, or is it mainly for visitors? apologies if that is a stupid question, but as someone who has only started playing relatively recently, there is a lot I don't know!

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
ah right.

what's the drill with opens? do people bother to play in the opens at their own club, or is it mainly for visitors? apologies if that is a stupid question, but as someone who has only started playing relatively recently, there is a lot I don't know!

Fair question mate, everyone has to start somewhere.

I generally like to play opens at other courses as they are great ways to play top courses at much cheaper prices. Also, playing different courses is good for your game. I mainly like betterball opens, more fun to not worry about my handicap and enjoy the day. I have entered a couple of Singles opens, but mainly just due to the quality of the course.
I would consider playing an open at my home course, but only if it was a 4man team am-am format, preferably with visiting team mates, so that the fun of playing with a team and camaraderie element was the priority, and not trying pressuring myself to play really well at a track I know.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Fair question mate, everyone has to start somewhere.

I generally like to play opens at other courses as they are great ways to play top courses at much cheaper prices. Also, playing different courses is good for your game. I mainly like betterball opens, more fun to not worry about my handicap and enjoy the day. I have entered a couple of Singles opens, but mainly just due to the quality of the course.
I would consider playing an open at my home course, but only if it was a 4man team am-am format, preferably with visiting team mates, so that the fun of playing with a team and camaraderie element was the priority, and not trying pressuring myself to play really well at a track I know.

thanks Merv, very helpful. 4BBB sounds ideal for me, just need to find an experienced partner to rely on!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Guys, this is superb

I want to book asap if that's OK with you?

Seaton Carew - 11.50 am slot
Alnmouth - 12.33pm slot (need about 3hrs travel time and then a bite to eat)

I'm out at 11.30 so may see you for a late breakfast :D..... fancy £5 a man for best team score?

Seaton Carew is a steal at £20 each.
STEAL??...... was £14 or £15 last year & £12.50 a year or two before..... ruddy Brexit!! :angry::angry: