Open at Handsworth

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve played many a pairs open but never an individual one. So I searched golf empire and found this for Sunday and Handsworth about an hour away.
There is only ladies comps on this weekend and no men’s... livid.

So I’m in top condition at the minute so need to be playing qualifiers.

Will my scores be returned automatically, or shall i take ownership of that? (These use BRS my club uses IG)

And, has anyone played there before? It was fairly cheap at £18.

D

Deleted member 15344

I’ve played many a pairs open but never an individual one. So I searched golf empire and found this for Sunday and Handsworth about an hour away.
There is only ladies comps on this weekend and no men’s... livid.

So I’m in top condition at the minute so need to be playing qualifiers.

Will my scores be returned automatically, or shall i take ownership of that? (These use BRS my club uses IG)

And, has anyone played there before? It was fairly cheap at £18.

The first thing - what’s wrong with having a ladies Comp only at the weekend ? And have you asked if you can play in it ?

Also you can put in supplementary cards if you are in “top condition”

And the away club should send the away scores to your home club for processing but it’s also worth getting the full details of your score and CSS etc

But also remember if you have a very good round to self adjust your HC in relation to the course SSS

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
The first thing - what’s wrong with having a ladies Comp only at the weekend ? And have you asked if you can play in it ?

Also you can put in supplementary cards if you are in “top condition”

And the away club should send the away scores to your home club for processing but it’s also worth getting the full details of your score and CSS etc

But also remember if you have a very good round to self adjust your HC in relation to the course SSS

Basically the members course is open for play but the only comp on is a ladies comp Saturday and lady captains day Sunday. No men’s comps.

Usually both are intertwined as female membership is low. Max ladies players is 15/20 but consistently at 11. Nothing wrong with ladies comps at the weekend. But wrong to not have comps on high season because ladies think the men play too fast and ruin their majors and captains days.
Let’s not get into that as, I’ll being that up in the next meeting.

I’m on afternoons this week so no time to stick a supp in. Also it involves a £5 fee and the go ahead from the h/c committee which will take a lifetime.
We usually have three qualifiers a week so I’ve never needed to put a supp in.

Thanks for the info, will get two score cards to be sure anyway.

D

Deleted member 15344

Basically the members course is open for play but the only comp on is a ladies comp Saturday and lady captains day Sunday. No men’s comps.

Usually both are intertwined as female membership is low. Max ladies players is 15/20 but consistently at 11. Nothing wrong with ladies comps at the weekend. But wrong to not have comps on high season because ladies think the men play too fast and ruin their majors and captains days.
Let’s not get into that as, I’ll being that up in the next meeting.

I’m on afternoons this week so no time to stick a supp in. Also it involves a £5 fee and the go ahead from the h/c committee which will take a lifetime.
We usually have three qualifiers a week so I’ve never needed to put a supp in.

Thanks for the info, will get two score cards to be sure anyway.

Your club charges you to put in a supplementary card and you also need the go ahead from HC committee ?!! Seriously what sort of club does that

You should be able to put a supplementary card in whenever you want provided you sign a book or something and why the hell a club charges for it is completely wrong

And can you not just play a social round with your mates for a weekend

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
social round? It’s not afternoon tea with the ladies pal. It’s golf! A competitive and athletic sport where we hit the ball 300 yards, get round in 2 hours 50 and hit the bar and drive home pissed and beat the missus because you’ve lost 3 balls at £4 each.

Maybe in winter.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Haven't played it but many friends have - they all rate it as probably the best course in the area and well worth playing. HTH 👍

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to it then! I was a little dubious with it being just £18 to enter, but must just be fairly priced!

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
social round? It’s not afternoon tea with the ladies pal. It’s golf! A competitive and athletic sport where we hit the ball 300 yards, get round in 2 hours 50 and hit the bar and drive home pissed and beat the missus because you’ve lost 3 balls at £4 each.

Maybe in winter.

Well done for not biting Phil. WTF are you on about James?