Open 2021

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He literally said "this driver sucks" apparently. ?

https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/cobra-rep-blasts-back-at-bryson-dechambeaus-driver-comments

Brilliant. I like the guy but he seems to be upsetting a few people lately.

Young golfer challenging the old ways with new ideas hated by golfers who hate change shocker lol

We can't deal with a handicap change let alone one length super speed

He can't just grip and rip drive for show putt for dough blah blah aimed at a major winner lol

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What do people think Molinari needs to do to make Ryder Cup. Last RC points record must keep him in the conversation although I expect a very different course in US. 13th at US Open, 52nd at Masters, but not much else in between.

Only getting in on points or a high open finish and a little run be enough to demonstrate form? Challenge of a fair few experienced players outside the automatic spots.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
What do people think Molinari needs to do to make Ryder Cup. Last RC points record must keep him in the conversation although I expect a very different course in US. 13th at US Open, 52nd at Masters, but not much else in between.

Only getting in on points or a high open finish and a little run be enough to demonstrate form? Challenge of a fair few experienced players outside the automatic spots.

Supposedly Poulter and Garcia are bankers for a pick if they need them so that might only leave one pick - hopefully with Fleetwood in there that might help though could also see Lowry get the nod. Then there's Rose.....

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The leaderboard on the official website is updating score before the 'live' TV broadcast even shows the putt!

A huge change compared to what the ET website usually offers up

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
It must be so exhausting being Bryson DeChambeau

If BDC doesn't win the lions share of that social media pot, then he, and his management team, will look a bit foolish. I've watched some of the stuff on his Youtube channel, the guy is hyped but he's astute and I don't think for one minute the comments he made yesterday weren't premeditated and maybe even cleared with Cobra - - the comfort at which Cobra also chastised him also seemed a bit planned; I know you should defend your product but telling off your star performer isn't always a good idea.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Zalatoris has withdrawn after hurting himself trying to hit one out of the rough on 15 yesterday, thought at the time he nearly snapped himself in half trying the shot!!!!

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Zalatoris has withdrawn after hurting himself trying to hit one out of the rough on 15 yesterday, thought at the time he nearly snapped himself in half trying the shot!!!!

That's a shame, saw the shot in question yesterday. The most remarkable shot was the next one which he stiffed after the hack out of the rough.

Hope he's not too badly hurt and back playing again soon, looks a quality player.