One for Bob!

T

thecraw

Bob,

I'm having a bit of an issue with comming over the top. I seem to be casting a bit from the top. What can I work on or what little drill can I use to stop this.

I have tried to slow it down and wait for the club however when I do this my legs get way ahead of me and I seem to slide the hips instead of turning which is causing a massive high block or a horrendous snap hook like I hit on the 11th last night!

Was soooo tempted to chuck a club last night then I remembered poor club chump would hit me with a further 2 shot penalty!

I managed to lose 4 balls off the tee last night which is the strongest part of my game!!! (usually!)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Craw, I lost 6 at Castlerock last week over 9 holes (granted the rough is over a foot tall and thick all round the course, especially along the railway line), was playing with the Holt Shield team captain for our club, needless to say the text came this week to say I was only a reserve :D
3 wood going like a missile though.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I dont want to get in the way of anything Bob says but I changed my swing last week with an earlier turn of the hip on the transition from the back swing to downswing. This lags the club but one of the benefits is that I dont feel that I can came ott as the hands and arms get closer to the body.

Chris

T

thecraw

I actually think I've been bringing the club way inside on the takeaway. Had a wee swing watching myself in the hall mirror, forgot how good looking I was.

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
Craw- that's exactly my weak shot as you saw last night (apart from the odd J. Arthur). Either a "power fade" or a pull. My problem is i need to hit one like that to remind myself how to fight it.

I just concentrate on keeping the right arm tucked in on the way down, and not over complicate it. Nothing else than that.

When i start getting tired i can feel my right arm flying straight out on the downswing.