On tippy toes when striking ball

Mach82

Visit site
As above- i come up onto my toes at impact and its driving me mad. Does anyone have any basic advice to stop or lessen this?

I have started back recently after 4 years out and enjoying it, I played links golf and was off 11. Im striking the ball not bad but want to sort this issue out ASAP.

Mach82

Visit site
Why is it an issue?

Look at a load of videos of the world's best golfers, there's a whole range of feet positions at impact.

The days of having to look like a perfect magazine picture are 20 years ago, don't worry about it.

U think!?! It just looks odd when I see a re run of my swing thats all.

Also I'm blocking alot right, another issue to contend with! :-(

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As above- i come up onto my toes at impact and its driving me mad. Does anyone have any basic advice to stop or lessen this?

I have started back recently after 4 years out and enjoying it, I played links golf and was off 11. Im striking the ball not bad but want to sort this issue out ASAP.
You are probably early extending, I expect your backside also pushes in towards the ball and you stand up out of your posture. I'll try to find a video to help.

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry Butch, I don't have any pics at exactly the moment of impact ?

The whole point of the thread is that he thinks that raising up on his toes is "wrong". It is not necessarily "wrong" if it has no negative impact on his ball striking.

The pics I posted are of players who, off the top of my head, are well known for less than traditional impact positions.

Any muppet can find videos on YouTube.
OK, no need to be rude, I'm just pointing out that the pictures are showing the players after impact where they have extended through the shot, this is fine but if you extend early then it causes poor striking. I suggested a video as it shows how to fix the problem easier than trying to say it in words.
Long-Sequence-lg11.jpg

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
View attachment 32890View attachment 32891View attachment 32892View attachment 32893

Just off the top of my head, Bubba Watson, Lexi Thompson, Justin Thomas and Jordan Spieth.

You forgot Dame Laura ;)

Laura-Davies.jpg

And it's actually at impact (y) :p

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'd like to see a handicap golfer make good impact stood up on their toes at impact. Try it.

88e73e00079ec76a3504d52c25dc4b7f.jpgunnamed.pngunnamed.jpgunnamed (1).png

Last edited: