Olympics[what you looking forward to]

HotDogAssassin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Olympics bashers really need to get a life, take a look out the window and see how it's bringing all communities together, that's what I think is the best thing and what we do well. I loved it when the torch came through our village, it brought hundreds of us out for a really good atmosphere and uplifting spirit.

I'm extremely enthusiastic about the whole event, especially the athletics, but tend to agree about Football not being right although it does give the Women's game some much needed exposure.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
when the bloody fiasco is over,i'm sick to death with it already and it hasn't started yet,we should have given it to France and spent the billions on the whole country and not just a derelict site in London,funny how we cant afford a police force or an army not to mention the nhs but we can spend billions on a few spoilt athletes and give those in power an ego trip.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
8 15 am this morning.

Did anyone catch our Minister of bell ringing trying to talk up this dead donkey then ringing his hand bell as hard as he could.

The bell seperated from the handle and hit someone watching.

It was the quickest carera switch the BBC staff have done for many moons.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
3 weeks of ups and downs to come,probably a lot more downs.
However im really looking forward to the games.
Being an ex athelete im especially looking forward to the athletics.
In particular Jessica ennis,Mo Farah,Dai Greene.
God im getting excited just writing about it.
Also looking forward to the swimming,rowing.
Its going to be a great games.
What are you looking forward to seeing.
Bloody hell nearly forgot the cycling,awsome.
Cant get used to the football as an olympic sport.

I have tickets for the athletics and due to see all three that you mention. I can't wait

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
when the bloody fiasco is over,i'm sick to death with it already and it hasn't started yet,we should have given it to France and spent the billions on the whole country and not just a derelict site in London,funny how we cant afford a police force or an army not to mention the nhs but we can spend billions on a few spoilt athletes and give those in power an ego trip.

I felt a bit like this a week ago, but now it's here I'm getting really into it!!:thup:

the way I see it you can moan & whine for 3 weeks or you can embrace it, they cash has been spent, you may as well get something out of it.

I don't subscribe to compulsory enjoyment, but if you don't embrace it you'll miss out :confused:

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Someone has to host it and it may as well be us. It will bring money into the country, there is no doubt about that. Whether the common man gets to see any is the real test of how successfull the games will be. I have a sneaking suspicion though that the fat cats and politicians will get most of the pie as usual.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am so excited I think I may go pop! Just had the Red Arrows fly over our house on the way back to base - 15 minutes from London - that's the way to travel.

Bring it on - fab fab fab - can't wait - excited.com - POP :clap:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've got tickets to the Football quarter-finals a week tomorrow at Old Trafford.

Have to be there for 10am. Kicks off at 12 and can watch all the matches. If we decide to stay I wont be home til gone midnight :mad:

I suppose I'd better re-mortage the house as you can guarantee food and drink wont be cheap in the ground!!!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Loving it,im so excited too,roll on tomos.
For all the knockers of the games,there are millions embracing the games.
I for one will be smiling and happy for the games,beats moaning and feeling miserable about life.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cav for gold tomorrow - what a start that will be. COME ON GB...

Gotta go - Opening Ceremony about to kick off and I can hardly contain myself!!!

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am looking forward to the high speed train roaring through the idyllic country scene theve got on TV right now.

Or has it been cancelled or broken down????

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
just been on the tv about various prices for food and drink,program £10,as you cant take your own food or drink in the following could prove expensive if you take the kids,bacon roll £3-80,fish and chips £8-50,hot dog/burger £4-70,bottled water £2-25 seems like a scam to me.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
just been on the tv about various prices for food and drink,program £10,as you cant take your own food or drink in the following could prove expensive if you take the kids,bacon roll £3-80,fish and chips £8-50,hot dog/burger £4-70,bottled water £2-25 seems like a scam to me.

Have you ever been to watch the Open???
That's cheap

Visit site
Excellent Opening Ceremony last night - loved it.
Shave Cav could not follow up today with a medal, lets hope we get something tomorrow.
Too many empty seats for my liking though - I thought it was supposed to be a sell out. Gymnastics, Basketball & swimming were just three arenas that I saw with plenty of spare seats.
But the route of the cycling was lined with hundreds of fans - I think that tells you the tickets were way over priced

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Too many empty seats for my liking though - I thought it was supposed to be a sell out.
- I think that tells you the tickets were way over priced

Not the pricing but the sponsors allocation seems to be the root of the empty seats. Hopefully they can make an urgent rule that any sponsor seats not taken by 10 mins after an event start can be 'given' to the waiting public!