Olympics[what you looking forward to]

SwingSlow

Head Pro
Visit site
Went to dressage stage of eventing at Greenwich Park yesterday (daughters heavily into horses). Train to Stratford and change onto Toy Town railway; worked really well. Signage and routes at Greenwich really clear. Volunteers and security (Navy, Met. and Commandos) calm, friendly, efficient. Venue was excellent. Catering arrangements were under prepared for the volumes, so be prepared to queue a long time or eat at odd times. Prices were up but not horrendous. Airport type restrictions on liquids, but bottled water at venue not too extortionate (for London!) and they had water fountains you could refill at. Great atmosphere.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
looking forward to the closing ceremony

I mean who gave this or any Government permission to waste my money on the olympics

The vast majority of the country is buzzing with excitement, in what over the last year has been a horrible time of recession. I think it is wonderful to see some many proud Brits watching the opening ceremony and the legacy the London Olympics will leave will be immense. It has and will also creat 100's of jobs for people.
The vast majority of the money you speak of has come from sponsorship. Let's face it, our government spends billions on bailing out other countries and other pointless things. At least these games will put a smile on a lot of people's faces... Ok, maybe not yours, but many others definately....