Olympics[what you looking forward to]

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
3 weeks of ups and downs to come,probably a lot more downs.
However im really looking forward to the games.
Being an ex athelete im especially looking forward to the athletics.
In particular Jessica ennis,Mo Farah,Dai Greene.
God im getting excited just writing about it.
Also looking forward to the swimming,rowing.
Its going to be a great games.
What are you looking forward to seeing.
Bloody hell nearly forgot the cycling,awsome.
Cant get used to the football as an olympic sport.

Chrimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
My wife and daughters are looking forward to the swimming, especially watching to see if Rebecca Adlington can repeat her feat of winning two golds.

For me there is nothing in particular but I do like to watch those sports you don't see too often on TV.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking forward to most of it, especially the men's 100 metres final..................'cos I've got tickets for it :whoo:.

Slime.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Athletics
Gymnastics
Cycling

Just back from the Spain v Japan game, football just isn't an Olympic sport IMO, neither is Golf:confused:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I too am a grumpy old man and I'm just looking forward to the end. Although I will probably watch a bit of the womens beech volleyball.:whistle:

Did enjoy the Ab Fab speacial though. This quote sums it up.

Edina: “The Olympics starts this week?”

Patsy: “Where?”
Saffy: “How can you have missed it?”
Edina: “Well, it’s been everywhere for five bloody years. Will we get it, won’t we, will it be built, won’t it be built, will we win, no we won’t. Excuse me if I miss it actually starting. It’s been like tinnitus.”

Funny how during these events the entire nation sudenlly become fans of rowing, cycling and anything else we can actually contend in.

I prefer the winter olympics. Always wanted to have a go in a bobsled

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Looking forward to most of it, especially the men's 100 metres final..................'cos I've got tickets for it :whoo:.

Slime.

Same here - although to be honest when I saw them selling on agency sites for nearly £1k each I did wish you could put them on fleabay or similar and take a nice holiday instead:D

Looking forward to the meeting but not the hassle of getting there / in

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Will be watching ALL the athletics, swimming, gymnastics, rowing.

And throw in some beach volley ball - womens of course!

Well you would, wouldn't you?
A great line once used by the suave Des Lynam, when asking if you will be, "staying up" for Gaby Logan. :whistle:

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to a great Games and feeling that it was money well spent and that GB has benefited from it. Hoping Group 4 get stuffed

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't be so miserable - there's plenty of money in the country at the moment. Why not spend some of it on a few games

Where is all this money you talk of? Maybe the stash saved by closing hospital wards and reduced staff numbers. Or maybe from reduced funding for community projects and not letting cancer patients have access to drugs that could extend thier lifes. No wait. It's from all the speeding cameras.

Last edited: