Old Course Ballott 2024

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ridiculous amount of money for a round of golf. Especially when you can walk round there on pretty much any given Sunday for nack all, without the stress of trying to justify how much you've paid to play while hacking it around 15 shots over your handicap... :ROFLMAO:
The main reason I won’t pay a King’s Ransom to play a ‘top’ course or Open venue. Even if I could afford it, the prospect of paying £££s and playing rubbish and being miserable about it just doesn’t seem a clever way to spend limited spare dosh. Fair enough if you are loaded and have money to burn.

Last edited:

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
£320 in summer 2024 is quite mad. Someone on charge needs to give their head a wobble.
It depends on how you view it. They will fill every single tee time at that price, so from a business sense, you could argue that they would be mad not to sell it at that price or higher.

But from a UK golfer's sense... I'm starting to get disenchanted with the higher end courses that have started putting out prices like this. It just puts at a level where I could afford to pay it, but I just don't think it is worth it.

TOC seems in some ways a bit worse than the other high end places, in that it is a public course. It feels like we shouldn't have to pay that sort of cost for it. But hey ho. I was lucky enough to play it when it was only £180.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Carnoustie is a course like the Old Course?
What are they charging. In my opinion a much less enjoyable round of golf there than St.Andrews.

£300 in 2024.

£299 at Dumbarnie, now that is taking the ...

Last edited:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I played The New earlier this year with last year's R&A Captain. Cost me £27.50. I thought that was great value for money.

mister v

Visit site
Just had my "Dear Golfer, Thank you for your application for an Advance Old Course Tee Time at St Andrews Links in 2024. Unfortunately, your High Season application has been unsuccessful. We realise you will be disappointed; however there are a number of other ways to play in High Season at the Home of Golf." email.

Even though i'd have been into it for £1200 for me and my lad to play it (2 course deal) its still massively over subscribed. and whilst its over subscribed they'll keep charging the money that they do.
sometimes i hate being a golf addict

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Just had my "Dear Golfer, Thank you for your application for an Advance Old Course Tee Time at St Andrews Links in 2024. Unfortunately, your High Season application has been unsuccessful. We realise you will be disappointed; however there are a number of other ways to play in High Season at the Home of Golf." email.

Even though i'd have been into it for £1200 for me and my lad to play it (2 course deal) its still massively over subscribed. and whilst its over subscribed they'll keep charging the money that they do.
sometimes i hate being a golf addict
Yep. I reckon it will be £500 within 5 years. The Yanks will still see that as a bargain, particularly with the currency exchange being massively in their favour.