Ok, you're the teacher

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Just one question.

Is the punter made aware that it's a quick fix, and been told that with out time and cash, he still won't have a perfect swing?

I wonder, as how many of our lessons are quick fixes without us realising it. But yet we walk away thinking that we now swing like Luke.

Just one question.

Is the punter made aware that it's a quick fix, and been told that with out time and cash, he still won't have a perfect swing?

I wonder, as how many of our lessons are quick fixes without us realising it. But yet we walk away thinking that we now swing like Luke.

excellent point

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Ok, you're the pro
How would you help him in a 30 minute lesson?

No idea because I'm not a PGA Qualified Professional..... :D

It's never stopped you in the past :)

I think you'll find it probably has....

I'm very aware that I know Jack about the swing and it's mechanics. You'll very rarely find me commenting on how to fix things to do with the swing.... :D :p

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Just one question.

Is the pupil made aware that it's a quick fix, and been told that with out time and cash, he still won't have a perfect swing?

Absolutely.

They just want to hit it better without any major swing surgery and practice.

But the art is being able to teach different people in different ways.
eg
I would never try and teach Homer and Smiffy the same way
:D

You've now come up with a sway and a grip problem, neither were in the OP

The clues were there.

I agree, the biggest was his alignment

however, all pro's teach their own method which obviously works for you. If you ask 10 pro's this question you'll prob get 10 answers :rolleyes:

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

The clues were there.
Poor contact normally caused by the golfer moving off the ball either standing up, swaying or normally both.
And as far as the grip is concerned, by swinging out to in, the ball should move left to right. If it goes left, then the grip is probably on the strong side.

As you say it is a quick fix which is what he wanted as he had told me he doesn't have the time to practice.
If I was to try and change his grip, his sway, his swing path and his aim, it was ruin his game.

It's easy to say "stay centred over the ball"

What drills do you give him to try?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

The clues were there.

I agree, the biggest was his alignment

however, all pro's teach their own method which obviously works for you. If you ask 10 pro's this question you'll prob get 10 answers :rolleyes:

Ok, for arguements sake, if I changed his aim so he was aiming straight, what would that do to his ball flight and ball contact?

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Strong grip, out to in swing path. A very low distance robbing hook???

I'm not sure if that's the right answer, it's more of a question.

Hapless i have to agree with everything that Bob is saying...
And the reason i do is because its nearly a mirror image of my game at the moment....

Your question above i can also give an answer to.
I can copy exactly what you have said above and when i time it right i get a very straight ball flight...
For the most part its usually woods and long irons that i would do this with as most will know the higher the loft on a club the less exaggerated that the left to right ball flight will look with the out to in swing path.

From reading all the replies to Bob's original question i can also completely relate to it..

If i didnt know any better id nearly say it was me he was talking about :D :D :D :D

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just one question.

thats no problem. im convinced 99% of golf is about being happy and relaxed in the swing. If a quick fix relaxes someone mentally enough for them to put a relaxed swing on the ball and hit it better than he was before the lesson, he has to be happy.