ok, so i tried some range work.....your thoughts guys?

bigbiffa

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
well,as i had said, i introduced a bit of width today into my backswing....and i have to say im a lot happier.
hitting the ball a lot straighter,and contact so much more solid.....
your opinions please as video below....(ps sorry for orange work shirt, had just finished!)
View My Video

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Definitely plenty of width there. If anything it looks like you're going outside the line on the way back and looping back inside on the way down.

Too much of that, and you'll be the new Lee Trevino. :D

Having said that, I've always thought your swing ain't too bad at all.

It's your dress sense that stinks :D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
BB. Can you do us a favour please?
Create a free account with Youtube, upload your video there and cut and paste the link here.
Trying to watch your video takes ages on your programme. Ta

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
well,as i had said, i introduced a bit of width today into my backswing....and i have to say im a lot happier.
hitting the ball a lot straighter,and contact so much more solid.....

bif.gif

:D :D :D

How low do you want to take the club away?

This is going to cause a massive lifting action with your arms and be very inconsistent.

bunkered

Head Pro
Visit site
On your takeaway you are whiping your hands inside, just let the turning of your shoulders bring the club inside. get back down to wellsgreen set up next to the wall and practice your backswing without hitting the wall.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks like a nice contact
Some observations :
Think your shoulders might be open, which is why your initial move takes the club head outside the line (i.e. the club head is coming back on the line of your initial shoulder line).
You are lifting your head in the latter part of your backswing.

What's important is what works for you.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
You seem to get to an unnatural completion of your through swing, its as if you get to 3/4 through the ball then make a seperate effort to the point where you hold the pose for a sec or two. To me that means the through swing is a little off in that it doesnt naturally lead to the completion pose.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
If I saw myself on video and it looked like this, I think "ooh, my old style of taking the hands away from the body and setting the club too flat has come back". I played some good golf with this swing years ago, so I'm not criticizing it.
However, in my first few lessons back into the game, my pro encouraged me to take the hands back straight and if I couldn't do that, imagine my hands were moving back nearer to my right pocket. Then, at the "set" of the club, make sure the butt end was not outside the ball.....
I sliced it too often for a while, but in general I felt it was a more consistent swing.

GasMan

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Do some work on your posture at address. Your back is curved and sets you off from a horrible position plus it's gonna start hurting before long.

Surprised no-one else has mentioned it as the compensations you'll make from a shonky address position to impact and that point onwards are countless.