Oiiver Wilson

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What a performance from a man so far out in the golfing wilderness even Bear Grylls couldn't find him. Nine second places and a horrendous loss of form since the 2008 Ryder Cup. This season he was 252 in the race to Dubai and had won the princely sum 9,280euro so probably running at close to a loss this year and he'd only made 11,984euro on the challenge tour too http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/players/playerid=33164/results/index.html

He seems a genuinely nice guy who has never given up, bit like Dougherty and Howell. I'd love to see him and the others get back into proper form and be big names on the tour. Great to see the final few holes play out and he seemed genuinely moved at having broken that winning duck. Well done sir

U

User62651

2nd to 17 looked a bit of a shank but a great up and down there (unlike Rory) and a solid approach to 18, deserved win for a likeable fellow. Clearly his bottom lip was beginning to wobble when Fleetwood missed and he was teary eyed when Sky were talking to him. Sometimes wish they would get a grip and remember where they are. If I had a great day at work and got a spreadsheet to tally up correctly for once I don't think I'd be greetin' like a wee lassie.

D

Deleted member 15344

Are you really having a go at him for getting emotional after finally winning and getting his career back on track after nearly 5 years of nothing ?!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
2nd to 17 looked a bit of a shank but a great up and down there (unlike Rory) and a solid approach to 18, deserved win for a likeable fellow. Clearly his bottom lip was beginning to wobble when Fleetwood missed and he was teary eyed when Sky were talking to him. Sometimes wish they would get a grip and remember where they are. If I had a great day at work and got a spreadsheet to tally up correctly for once I don't think I'd be greetin' like a wee lassie.

9 second places, in danger of having to go to Q school and in the wilderness for years and you wonder why the bottom lip might have wobbled when he won. Nothing wrong with a bit of emotion and think you need to put it in context

U

User62651

Just joshing, pleased for him but it was the Dunhill Links not the US Open, golfers don't usually get teared up on winning, do they?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just joshing, pleased for him but it was the Dunhill Links not the US Open, golfers don't usually get teared up on winning, do they?

If you had been second twice and earned less than you've paid out to play this year I suggest you might be a tad happy. I think you're doing the Dunhill a disservice and its been a popular and regular event for years with a huge prize so definitely something worth winning

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Golfers who have no card and haven't had one for a few years might if the just secured a place on the big tour, think it's a 2 year exemption too. Pressure off big time so we may start to see the best of Oli again.

D

Deleted member 1740

A cracking win for the lad, really chuffed for him after 5yrs in the wilderness.

He speaks a lot of sense when I've heard him co commentating too.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
He's also now well inside to top 60 who will do battle for some serious cash in a few weeks...
Plenty of the top 100 playing this week so a hefty rise up the World Rankings is another prize....
Add that lot to the €635k he won today and two year exemption and I'm not surprised he was emotional...

D

Deleted member 1740

He's also now well inside to top 60 who will do battle for some serious cash in a few weeks...
Plenty of the top 100 playing this week so a hefty rise up the World Rankings is another prize....
Add that lot to the €635k he won today and two year exemption and I'm not surprised he was emotional...

Life changing most definitely.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If I'd just won half a million I'd be a bit tearful !!

I guess was not exactly on his uppers as he lives both here and in Georgia but well done and I hope it helps his confidence and becomes a spring-board to better results.