Oh What might have been......

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Ist medal today since my less than distinguished ton last time out.

Wind blowing as usual but no sign of rain.

Came out of the blocks like a greyhound thats been starved for a week!

Rattled off 6 pars on the bounce!! Oh happy days.

Then the enevitable double bogey followed by a par,bogey finish to turn 3 over. Still looking good.

A birdie on the 10th (drilled a 25 footer that was only going in - never anywhere else) and its still looking good.
Bogey followed by par followed by bogey and bogey again. I can live with this. I'm still playing well.

A par 3 with a ditch full of water in front. The 6 iron looked to me like it was going to at least make the green but the wind caught it and a the last moment if stalled and a large splash could be seen.

Never mind, a drop and a chip and a putt and I'm still ok. But a thinned chip, a strong putt - then 2 more to get it in the hole and a 6 makes a big hole in the card.

Par, par bogey finish means a gross 80 nett 69. Could/should have been 3 or 4 better but I can't really complain. Leader in the clubhouse after today's rounds - lets see what the rest of them can do tomorrow. maybe in with a shout.

Oh What might have been....................................

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
6 par start! How good is that?

80 gross 69.....also....NICE.

What were you thinking on the par 3......grim......

We have a par 3 (180?) with a lake in front of the tee and another lake short of the green. It wrecks cards but recently I've just been blasting it over all the cr** and if necessary, chipping back on from behind the green. Guys hitting irons are moaning when they land 10 yards shorter than normal......it's always a gamble.......

Bad luck.....I hope to hear you make a 2 there next time with a 5 iron!!!

Imurg

Visit site
What I was thinking on the par 3 cannot be printed on a public forum like this.

Questioning the parentage of the ball, the club, the green, the ditch, the greenkeeper, the wind and just about everything else - after all it wasn't my fault!!!!!!

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd blame Callaway for the wrong trajectory. They'll take it on the chin.

I remember a game at the Warwickshire (ooohh, nasty US style gaff) where we got to a par 3. It was about 200 to cross the lake.....

3 guys all hit 3 woods and landed about 199.9... :(
I took a driver, aimed left and hit a 20 yard slice. :cool:

I'm not messing with lakes any more.....

hellbunker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
just one thing...you use the word "inevitable"...theres nothing inevitable about a double bogey. Next time look on a BD as something alien to you...rid yourself of the negative thoughts!!! :D

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who said "inevitable"? oh, I just did!

Not watching King Kong? I'm waiting for the bit when Homer Simpson climbs the building.

Imurg

Visit site
I know what you mean about the inevitable bit but lets be realistic here - when you've had 6 straight pars the Golfing Gods are gonna bite you back somewhere arn't they??

Imurg

Visit site
Well the Gods shined on me - won the medal easily (by 4 shots!!) but no cut..

Don't understand handicaps anymore.

SSS is 69
I shot nett 69
Nearest other nett 73
CSS 69

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????/ :D :D :D :D