Oh dear!!

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Our golf course has a big manor house next to it that does wedding's and on Saturday night one of the guests decided he was Colin McRae and rallied his car, drunk out of his mind all around the front 9 of our course

Luckily he missed all the greens but apparently the fairways are a mess!!

Thankfully not bad enough to close, and they did find the guy who has agreed to pay for all damage, although I don't think he quite knows how much a golf course might cost to put right

Getting done for criminal damage as well

Hope they throw the book at him frankly and his cars a right off, which the insurance company will have none of it I'd have thought since he was driving drunk

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sadly as you say I don't think the insurance company will pay out as the plonker was drunk whilst driving. I've noticed this clause was added to my insurance a few years ago, must be a way to keep costs down.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Even if the driver was sober, the insurance probably wouldn't pay out because the car wasn't on the public highway. My son rolled his first car on a forest track when he was shooting near Fort William. The car was written off as it rolled into a ditch. Luckily he was OK and it was purely an accident, but the insurance wouldn't entertain a claim.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Even if the driver was sober, the insurance probably wouldn't pay out because the car wasn't on the public highway. My son rolled his first car on a forest track when he was shooting near Fort William. The car was written off as it rolled into a ditch. Luckily he was OK and it was purely an accident, but the insurance wouldn't entertain a claim.

The fact this guy was DUI will probably make it even less likely to pay out.

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've yet to pop up and see the damage

He claims he had no idea what he was doing, you gotta be a right plonker to get behind the wheel of a car after a day enjoying a wedding though

Hoping the damage isn't too bad, as they've not shut the course so fingers crossed