Office golf day - prize ideas

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
<Mod: if you think this is OB thread, then feel free to move>

This time in the office annual golf committee. Usually about 70-80 people turn up. This is a mix of good players, bandits and beginners. It is a good laugh at the end of the day. Currently thinking of prizes for folks.
1) Winners/Top teams - this may be the usual box of ProV, shoe carrying or some prize money
2) Participants... ??

I am keen we give something to the participants. This is because people are taking a day off work and some of these are beginners. Equally, they will take a good word back to their colleagues to help next year.

Reaching out to the brain trust on prize options for a office golf day. Budget about 2-2.5k in real money

D

Deleted member 21258

Wine
Boxes of sweets/chocs or biscuits.

All non golf, but proved be more popular than balls/trophies etc when I gave the choice.

or how about an engraved hip flasks.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always put in some non golf prizes and never make it all alcohol, some do not drink.

Vouchers of the type that be spent in multiple outlets are a good idea.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wine
Boxes of sweets/chocs or biscuits.

All non golf, but proved be more popular than balls/trophies etc when I gave the choice.

or how about an engraved hip flasks.

This helps with the wife/partner as well, If you take them something home from a day out after golf it always gets brownie points (hope that isnt some sort of naughty euphemism).:cool:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Session on an indoor swing studio/simulator - could be a session for an individual with a Pro - or could be a (usually cheaper) session for 2-4 playing one or more courses on the 'simulator'.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
M&S vouchers always went down well with my missus.
Crystal golf bag or claret jug that the winner can put on their desk, just to remind everyone who won,
Always causes comments “ beat you next year etc”
No big plastic trophy’s !!
Pitch mark repairer / ball marker with logo on then the good golfers can educate the new players what it’s for!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I used to do similar. Good ideas above

Depending on venue, you can get the "never held a club" before folk a group "have a go" lesson an hour before the evening festivities (if you have them) so they can participate in something and not be excluded from the dinner/drinks whatever....

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Some great ideas here.. keep em coming..

I used to do similar. Good ideas above

Depending on venue, you can get the "never held a club" before folk a group "have a go" lesson an hour before the evening festivities (if you have them) so they can participate in something and not be excluded from the dinner/drinks whatever....

We usually have about 10 golf virgins turn up for the craic. Rather than let them on the course, they get a lesson with the pro + some putting competition.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
When I worked at Celtic Manor there was one lass in her twenties arrived on the first tee in heels and office attire and wanted to play the Roman Road with a set of clubs she's borrowed. Following a near broken ankle and damaged first tee incident, she was whisked over to the Academy for some shoes and lesson on the driving range... last I heard she is now a regular player.

Days like this are about shared experience, teamy stuff and fun.

D

Deleted member 21258

How about something like a company logo drinks bottle for all participants , to help stop the use of plastic bottles :-

14224_S7.jpg

https://www.webrandit.co.uk/shop/custom printed/W19711/0/-1/custom-printed-500ml-single-walled-stainless-steel-drinks-bottle

Might do that myself, next time.