Odyssey White Hot Pro 2-Ball Putter...

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
http://www.americangolf.co.uk/golf-clubs/putters/odyssey-white-hot-pro-2-ball-putter-245699.html

Anyone got any info on the putter above? Is it the newish model or are they about to bring out a new 2 ball for this season? I know they have released the TANK version but I'm not sure it will be the one for me. I've had enough of my TM and absolutely hate the pure roll face and its inconsistency in strike.

Lastly does anyone use this model and what do you think?

I'm going to do more testing before I commit to it as I was all for a Scotty but I'm not sure I like the look at address... I have had ago with the Odyssey above and previous models and always liked them.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried this at the GM/Odyssey Britain's Best Putter competition last year (summer time I think). It was absolutely lovely to putt with. I went home and saw that the price was around £160 if I remember right, so it has come down in price but not by much.

the smiling assassin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got the DART version, which has a really nice feel, but having used a Scotty for the past 6 years I was struggling to adjust. It was an experiment, I was going to go for the 2ball but couldn't justify the extra cost. The alignment on the DART is pretty good to be fair, eating up the short putts but struggled with pace from distance - just not used to the feel of the insert.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got the DART version, which has a really nice feel, but having used a Scotty for the past 6 years I was struggling to adjust. It was an experiment, I was going to go for the 2ball but couldn't justify the extra cost. The alignment on the DART is pretty good to be fair, eating up the short putts but struggled with pace from distance - just not used to the feel of the insert.

Bigslice had the Dart putter at the same event and really liked the alignment on it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The link is for the standard version and definitely not a tank model. Looking at it its not easy to see what the changes are other than a different insert. The two ball has been around for ages and it doesn't look very different to any I've seen

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just bought the white hot pro vline, same insert. It feels lovely and I preferred the look of the vline.
I'd be surprised if you can't get it for less than that, I paid 89 notes for mine, my pro was doing the whole white hot pro range for that.

Edit: perhaps not, seems the 2ball is more than the rest, maybe I overlooked that fact as I wasn't considering that one.

Last edited:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've got a White Hot Pro 2CS that turned up this week.

Early signs are good.

I'm not normally one for inserts, but I've found this one very consistent. Feels very soft out of the middle and makes quite a nice noise too.

I tend not to have issue with alignment and find the 2CS model really suits me.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
After reading about the newer TANK version tonight does anyone have any feedback on this model? Apparently its heavier and has weight in the handle to counterbalance the putter also. I am a little concerned about how heavy this putter would actually be so need to get my hands on one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 28

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
After reading about the newer TANK version tonight does anyone have any feedback on this model? Apparently its heavier and has weight in the handle to counterbalance the putter also. I am a little concerned about how heavy this putter would actually be so need to get my hands on one.

If you're considering a counterbalance version of a putter, seriously I would recommend you go and try a counterbalanced putter for a decent amount of time before you buy one. They're a bit like marmite (and yes I bought one that has already been moved along :) )

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If you're considering a counterbalance version of a putter, seriously I would recommend you go and try a counterbalanced putter for a decent amount of time before you buy one. They're a bit like marmite (and yes I bought one that has already been moved along :) )

Did you have a Odyssey TANK putter?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Did you have a Odyssey TANK putter?

Nope, had the Scotty Cameron Futura X in 38" with a counterbalance. Have tried the tank and a few other counterbalanced ones. Thought it felt ok but really struggled with it, especially for consistency from anything more than about 12ft

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Nope, had the Scotty Cameron Futura X in 38" with a counterbalance. Have tried the tank and a few other counterbalanced ones. Thought it felt ok but really struggled with it, especially for consistency from anything more than about 12ft

Thats what worries me and I would get the 34" version... Some testing to do I think

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thats what worries me and I would get the 34" version... Some testing to do I think

I think the normal length but still with the weight definitely feel better to me than the extended versions, but i think im just so used to a normal balanced putter that it was hard to adjust in a short space of time (and ive never been a fan of giving a putter too long to prove itself :p )