NXT Tour

Hellbunker14

Visit site
Hi there,
I've been using the Srixon Z-URS for the past 2 seasons and have struggled with my long irons to the green...a recent ball fitting pointed me towards the NXT Tour as its designed to give a straighter flight path.
Anyone used or using the NXT Tour...?
Cheers

KeefG

Journeyman Pro
www.maywoodgolfclub.com
I used to use the NXT Tours a while ago, loved them at first but fell out with them as I noticed i was getting more & more wayward. Swapped to the NXT Extreme's and preffered them.....then swapped to TM Burner's but didnt last too long with them.

Finally setled on Srixon AD-333's now and have been for about 6 months, much better ball than the NXT's IMHO.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used them for a while when I bought a few with some credit in the pro shop. I also got on with them for a bit but decided that they were not as good as my usual DX2 soft and went back to them. Have just bought a dozen of this year's DX2s so will be interested to see how they play at the weekend.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I thought I'd get recommended for them on the online Titleist ball fitting and to be honest wouldn't have been too upset to try a couple. Ended up with Pro V1 and Pro V1x

For a firmer ball I still think you have to go a long way to beat the all round playability of the AD333

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used to use nothing else but NXT's and after buying a box of DX2's i havent used an NXT since.....( I am a bit of a wilson nut as you can see ) but the wilsons are as long if not longer and are alot more responsive off the short clubs as well as the putter......They also spin off the scoring clubs despite what some will say.. I play them all year round...
And i also think that they hold there line very well in the wind.
GB72....... i have used the new DX2's and there isnt much difference in the 2 only that the new ones dont scuff as easily as the old ones.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I find that DX2s are like jelly babies to putt with. Can't get on with them.

I don't want a rock, but I want some feel, not just a squishy thing that I think will get stuck to my putter.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Tried TP black recently, another rock. Ditto Cally is, (rockflite rebranded), ix must be even worse.

Still can't get close to ProV1 for me. Ditto did their ball finder software, and ProV1 and 1x came out for me. Messed about with different answers, but couldn't get a recommendation for their cheapest balls.

Currently also like Srixon trispeed. Powerful ball. Doug MacClelland at Silvermere is doing these at £9.99 a box of 12. This is a cracking deal. Well, would be, if I didn't have 100+ balls already.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have been using the Bridgestone RX for the last 3 rounds getting good driver distance and a bit longer of the irons ,spin rates not to great round the greens but a decent ball all the same ,am going to try the Tour S it gets good reviews got some in bag for £10 for 24

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have been using the Bridgestone RX for the last 3 rounds getting good driver distance and a bit longer of the irons ,spin rates not to great round the greens but a decent ball all the same ,am going to try the Tour S it gets good reviews got some in bag for £10 for 24

I've just switched to the B330-S and I love it. Driver distance is on a par with the ProV1, I've never been one for measuring drives so can't say if it is any longer but no noticable difference. I get a lower flight with my short irons and wedges but a load more spin which I love. I've now got the confidence to hit the ball past the flag and know it will backup which I could never do with the ProV1 (don't know why). I don't notice much difference in spin but I've always been more of a keep it low and rolling man round the greens so hard to say. It does feel a bit harder of the putter but again I like that. It's not a rock by any means, just a touch harder than the ProV1 but it still putts great.

Plus, Direct Golf are currently selling them at £19.99 a dozen whihc for a Premium ball is great value.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I tried NXT's for a while, a very short while - I thought they were brickettes.

I'm another using DX2's, alternatives are AD333 and I love Z-stars when I can get them

clivea

Hacker
Visit site
During the winter I have been trying different balls (last year it was DX2's). The NXT Tours, Extremes (now just the NXT, Srixon Trispeed, 333's and Soft Feels.

My choice is (and this is in order of preference):-
DX2's
Srixon 333
NXT (Extreme)
Trispeed
NXT Tour
Soft Feel