not using tees on teebox

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think the general consensus is that you do get more yardage from a tee'd up ball but only if you catch the right part of the clubface. I'd guess that, maybe, you're teeing it just a little high.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If you have the ball, say, 1/2 inch too high then taking a divot is going to put the ball 2/3rds up the clubface which doesn't mean a good strike.
I think you need to tee it just a little lower, just above ground level. Then when you take your divot the ball will be at the lower portion of the clubface.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ermm. No.

Even teeing up so that the bottom of the ball is effectively at grass level has the same effect.

It may not apply to younger, lower h/cap players, but most people I play with/against are generally short with teed up irons.

Sound familiar anyone??

:)

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ermm. No.

Even teeing up so that the bottom of the ball is effectively at grass level has the same effect.

It may not apply to younger, lower h/cap players, but most people I play with/against are generally short with teed up irons.

Sound familiar anyone??

:)

I'd agree, I'm a club shorter by teeing it up, wonder if it's to do with the ball not being compressed so much?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The launch angle of the ball is partly dependent on how high above the clubs centre of gravity you hit, so a teed up ball 'might' fly higher but I can't explain a ball teed up only at grass level.