Not much else left in the tank I think :-)

albie999

Visit site
Thankfully, with the lockdown I still have the skytrak setup in the garage, so been doing some work with the driver. It is still not consistent (left and rights), but they are getting towards averaging 200 yds .. however, just managed my longest, really don't think there is much left in the tank ... and def this was not straight lol

1586180798658.png

albie999

Visit site
Are you getting a full wrist hinge at the top of your backswing ie 90 degrees between your forearm and club shaft
Unfortunately, in my garage SIM, space is quite tight, so I am not able to record my swing from the front .... it "feels" like I am. I had a driver lesson 2 weeks before the lockdown, and the pro advised (as they have said before) that i come over the top, so I have been working on feeling like coming more from the inside, and swinging out to the ball. I sometimes get them staying out right (when i don't get the face closed), and still get my lefties, when I do come over the top to much
1586181958538.png

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good effort to get to 230+ but as the saying goes the wood is full of big hitters. You need to get the dispersion working for you first to keep it where the mowers go, or semi-rough at best. Keep plugging away and at least you're ahead of many being able to hit balls

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
How much does a piece of kit like that cost?
£2k plus software if you want more than a basis driving range. Then there’s all the kit on top. They’re going on ebay for more at the minute as they’re in short supply for obvious reasons. If your interested in investing in one, pm me and I’ll drop you a link to a blog page I did for my build to give you some tips.

albie999

Visit site
As Jigger has said, around £2k for the Skytrak. I was lucky last year, and picked mine up second hand for £1000. I then bought an archery net for £100, and managed to find a driving range mat for an amazing price of £10. I have to say, my setup will not win any prizes for aesthetics, but it does the job :)

1586242444365.png

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi mate had a look at your video, the pivot on the backswing looks god not brilliant but good. However the way you use the ground in the downswing and your sequencing from transition looks a a bit off. You dont really transfer pressure/weight very well on the downswing, you can see how your body is hanging back through the ball. I'd say you could probably gain a little speed but also more control over the path/face if you worked on fixing some basic things

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
If you look at how you just chuck the angle away very early in the downswing, you look like you very much come over the top, also the face looks wildly open in combination with a poor transfer of pressure. You are definitely giving up distance through poor technique, you could be way more efficient. You do turn quite well without being brilliant on the backswing but the downswing needs work

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I agree, good at the top but lose the right angle on the downswing.

Below is a comparison with you and Luke Donald in a similar position
You can see how Luke still has the angle whereas you have lost most of it (lag)

Untitled0.jpg

albie999

Visit site
Glad the pivot is OK, got to be honest, I am not the most flexible of people. Any advice on how to hold on to the lag, I went for a lesson couple of weeks ago (may not be going back to that person again), and in a driver lesson, all he really kept saying was, need to come more from the inside ... not that helpful

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Sorry to butt in but a great tip (worked for me anyway) that I saw on YouTube recently for getting the feel of lag and release was to make a practice swing but don't think of hitting a ball, think instead of how you'd swing the club if you were trying to throw the club as far as possible down the fairway. This gets your thoughts of the ball out of the way and engages your natural ability for throwing things, just remember to hold onto the club...

(I'll try and find the link)

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Glad the pivot is OK, got to be honest, I am not the most flexible of people. Any advice on how to hold on to the lag, I went for a lesson couple of weeks ago (may not be going back to that person again), and in a driver lesson, all he really kept saying was, need to come more from the inside ... not that helpful
It's not really about holding in to it, lag can be an optical illusion to an extent. You need to use your body differently on the downswing, your sequencing is way out. Itd help with a behind and DTL view aswell

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My thought is to imagine the club with a torch pointing up from the butt. When you start the downswing the torch is pointing at the ball and you hold on to that before whipping it through. A real pro will describe my mistakes soon but it has been working for me.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
My thought is to imagine the club with a torch pointing up from the butt. When you start the downswing the torch is pointing at the ball and you hold on to that before whipping it through. A real pro will describe my mistakes soon but it has been working for me.
Literally zero point in doing this, it's bad advice. I can see from the video he struggles with face control and it looks like he comes over the top. If he were to do as you describe and actually achieve it hed likely just smother it and pull it all the time. He needs to work on syncing up his body with his arms in the downswing, learning to shift pressure/weight correctly, aswell as find out the cause of the open face. You will find people who have good sequencing generally will get the club in better positions as a result, so he may retain more angle as a result of doing a couple of things differently. Really I'd strongly recommend seeing a good PGA pro at your first available opportunity, only if you want to improve. If your quite happy then carry on and have a good time, I wish I could sometimes not care much and just play for fun but it's how I'm wired