North Wales Golf

Kevblue

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My Society is looking to book 3 days golf in North Wales. We have Conwy and Maesdu golf clubs booked and are looking for a 3rd course to play? Any recommendations? We are keen to avoid North Wales Golf Club due to the really poor greens when we last played there. We have also played Abergele but found it a bit "up and down" in parts. We are traveling from Liverpool and would play a course en route to LLandudno (where we are staying)

Thanks in advance!

D

Deleted member 1740

We played Rhuddlan last year that's pretty decent and it's not too far off the A55. I like Pennant Park and Prestatyn as well and you can usually get a decent deal for both courses.

I like North Wales GC , both times I've played it the greens were sound but we played in May the last few years

Kevblue

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We played Rhuddlan last year that's pretty decent and it's not too far off the A55. I like Pennant Park and Prestatyn as well and you can usually get a decent deal for both courses.

I like North Wales GC , both times I've played it the greens were sound but we played in May the last few years

I really like the layout of North Wales GC but we played last week and for the second year in a row, the greens were absolutely terrible.

A real shame.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I would plump for Prestatyn, a real linksy feel to it .
Would fit your itinary perfectly.
Rhuddland was hard hit by the weather apparently, a group from my club played there last week.
However warmer weather may help with that, a friendly club as is Prestatyn.

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site
Mold is a nice course but is on the hilly side. I suppose it depends how far you want to travel from the other courses really as there's plenty in north/mid Wales.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is Portmadog / Pwhelli to far?? Of the 2, Portmadog gets the nod for the back 9 !!! Its superb.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nefyn is 50 quid. Unreal views and easy course because they cut the rough down.

I will personally pay your green fee if you don't enjoy it. ;)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

All rubbish compared to vale of Llangollen (on the way), Nefyn for high japes (but further on).

Llanymynech is good, near Oswestry, but maybe out the way a bit.

effayjay

Club Champion
Visit site
Just to underline the point, there are two PGA North events scheduled at Denbigh this season from only about 10 in total across NW UK!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Nefyn is 50 quid. Unreal views and easy course because they cut the rough down.

I will personally pay your green fee if you don't enjoy it. ;)

I enjoyed the course at Nefyn, some stunning views and "challenging" holes, especially the back eight where you have to try and drive the ball on blind tee shots without hitting any of the hundreds of pedestrians walking across the fairways, or the cars driving through to the pub..... That was the let down for me, too scared to hit the ball on a few of those holes. Did like the drive over the rocks playing to the lighthouse though and happy to make it. It is worth playing for the experience but you do need to be very careful.

D

Deleted member 1740

All rubbish compared to vale of Llangollen (on the way), Nefyn for high japes (but further on).

Llanymynech is good, near Oswestry, but maybe out the way a bit.

Vale of Llangollen is nowhere near Llandudno and it's definitely not enroute.

I agree Nefyn is boss though.

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site
I have never enjoy Nefyn, I agree the views are superb but I find the course easy and very uninteresting.

Portmadog is a nice course and makes you think, I really enjoy Pwllheli but it's is a course of 2 very different halves. VOL is one of the favourite courses to play anywhere, the condition is always superb and it's a good test of golf.

kmdmr1

Head Pro
Visit site
Its ok, nothing great. although I cant remember if Ive played there or at Old Padeswood.:confused:

Old Padeswood is very flat,decent enough course,very different Course off the white tees,
Padeswood & Buckley is a more interesting course,plenty of water, very tight front 9

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Old Padeswood is very flat,decent enough course,very different Course off the white tees,
Padeswood & Buckley is a more interesting course,plenty of water, very tight front 9

Which is the one with a cracking par 5 17th to a puncjbowl green, with a long par 3 across a grassy valley for the 18th - thats the one Ive played.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you've not played bullbay you should book this one too. It's even better than the two you have booked, although Conwy is fantastic too.