No Tiger at Hoylake

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Announcement a while ago...Tiger will not be at Hoylake.
Still recovering from the surgery a couple of months back.
I hope he does recover as Hoylake is one of the easier walks and if he can't do that......?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Announcement a while ago...Tiger will not be at Hoylake.
Still recovering from the surgery a couple of months back.
I hope he does recover as Hoylake is one of the easier walks and if he can't do that......?

I do think his race is now run. Shame, as the older and more relaxed he has got the more I have warmed to him. But the reality is his body is so battered he really can’t compete any more.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Controversial post alert.
Does it matter so much he’s not there any more?
I’d be wanting to see Tiger playing great golf not just as a side show hobbling round the course.
As much as I admire him he’s old news now for me.
Not controversial at all for me. He was an absolutely incredible golfer. Simply the best most of us will ever witness.

He’s not anymore. And that’s ok.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I personally think he becomes a bit of a sideshow when he plays - not his fault, but the media just love to write a story about him, and I suspect he's been pushed to appear at a few events that he really knew he shouldn't have played in in recent times.
Once he's able to get on the seniors tour, everybody will be able to see him performing at his best without the physical impact walking the course has on him.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Controversial post alert.
Does it matter so much he’s not there any more?
I’d be wanting to see Tiger playing great golf not just as a side show hobbling round the course.
As much as I admire him he’s old news now for me.
Couldn't agree more but he still moves the needle lime nobody else.
Any tournament would love him to play even if he had to crawl round...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I do think his race is now run. Shame, as the older and more relaxed he has got the more I have warmed to him. But the reality is his body is so battered he really can’t compete any more.
Snap…though in truth my previous feelings towards the guy were probably mostly grounded in my irritation over the hoop-la and cultish worship that surrounded him. Unfortunately that irritation rather blinded me from the brilliance of his golf.

Last edited:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Bit gutted as I've got tickets this year and would love to have seen the Big Cat prowling (hobbling).

Having said that I've got Sunday tickets so probably wouldn't have seen him anyway 🤣.