No longer buying new balls

Hovisbap

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Some did, but I walk on the course in the evening, 2 or 3 times a week, and usually find 20+ balls, sometimes a lot more.

D

Deleted member 17920

Once those graphite shaft Pings arrive you will be ripping it like Cam :)
The old mans shafts are getting ordered tomorrow 👍

Is there anyone on this forum he hasn’t told yet 🤣

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
if i found that many, i'd not be buying any either haha! how many of those do you think have been hit only once!

Myself, just bought a bunch of new balls for the start of the year, for the price i pay for golf in a year i don't see any reason not to shell out a few extra quid and get something new, from a good retailer so that you know 1- the ball will be consistent and 2- you're buying the genuine product.

sona

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A few years ago at the Scottish Golf Show there was a stand displaying fake golf equipment which included fake ProV1’s. I do wonder at the large number of pearl quality uses balls for sale. Normally play new balls, however two years ago bought refurbished ProV1’s from AG at £5 a dozen for practice and could not tell the difference from new from AG.

Hovisbap

Assistant Pro
Visit site
if i found that many, i'd not be buying any either haha! how many of those do you think have been hit only once!

Myself, just bought a bunch of new balls for the start of the year, for the price i pay for golf in a year i don't see any reason not to shell out a few extra quid and get something new, from a good retailer so that you know 1- the ball will be consistent and 2- you're buying the genuine product.
Quite a few :) I've got about 120 brand new Pro V's including 2 dozen Ryder cup balls, 75 TP5's, and around 600 other brand balls that are perfect.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Some did, but I walk on the course in the evening, 2 or 3 times a week, and usually find 20+ balls, sometimes a lot more.

you know what really annoys me when you find balls..... people who play a top course for top dollar then use a crap ball, found many a topflight and even a fairways range ball at Castle Stuart and Dornoch:ROFLMAO:... i release those back to the wild:)

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I only buy two dozen new a year, and I get another dozen for Christmas. That sees me through the season. I still have 2017 pro v1s left.
I only ever use them coupled with perfect ground conditions.
If it’s rained or soft ground then I won’t use a decent ball. Just seems a waste of a good ball, when any old two piece will one hop and stop