Nike Sasquach 7 wood

T

thecraw

Took the plunge and bought the baby to match my 4 wood. I have struggled with Hybrids over the past 2 years and decided to go back to the classic 7 wood. I found the hybrid was hit and miss and very inconsistant, especially out of rough.

I had a Callaway steelhead 7 wood in the past and I loved it, playability wise I find them much more usefull than the hybrid option. My opinion only though. (see how easily corrupted I am, got rid of a club I loved in order to get a hybrid!!! I'm a marketing mans dream!!!)

Managed to pick one up from Ebay, comming from the states including delivery its only £56 and I'm delighted at that, obviously second hand at that price but good condition. Was looking online here and the cheapest I could find brand new were £180!!!!!! :eek:

I think my bag is now complete for the start of the happy new golfing year, all we need now is some sunshine and for this bloody rain to finally stop. The place is saturated.

Has everybody else got their ideal bag in place for the start of the season?

If not what are you all looking to buy/swap??????

mickytwodesks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi thecraw,

I took delivery of my new Cobra Baffler DWS 20 degree Utility, 36 Srixon AD333 balls and 50 wooden tees yesterday. I'm now fully loaded and ready for a solid year of golf!

I will break 100 this year :mad:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Added a 3 wood to the bag last week (Benross V6 Trimas for £40.00, total bargain) so am pretty much ready. May add a 50 degree wedge still but not sure yet, am looking at the MD Cobalt as also seems a bargain at £35.00.

Would like to think that will be it for the year but no doubt will find an excuse to change a few things during the year (putter not working well at the moment but am trying to percevere)

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not looking for much. Seen a Cleveland L wedge for £39.99, might get that. Want a different hybrid3 (hoping to send the other to liam (here). Might treat myself to an R5 dual ti 5 wood (to match the 3 wood), but only if I start playing better, otherwise it's not worth it.

Dave

T

thecraw

May add a 50 degree wedge still but not sure yet, am looking at the MD Cobalt as also seems a bargain at £35.00.

I have recently ended my year long search for new wedges by buying the MD Superstrong Cobalt in 52 degee and 58 degree. They are awesome and spin like hell. If you like the look of them I cant recommend them highly enough.

I am a bit of a gear snob if I'm being honest and I had to think long and hard before I put an MD club in my bag. I love them and I smirk when I see people looking at them then picking them up and being surprised at how good they look, feel and sit behind the ball.

Guarentee you wont regret it. I looked at them all Nike, Callaway, Cleveland, Vokey, Wilson, Yonex, Srixon etc etc. MD for me just ticked the right boxes. I have only hit about 20 balls and was going to start a thread letting people know how I'm getting on. May do so if I can get back out in this bloody weather.

I spun the 52 degree 7 feet back uphill on a saturated green thats how much they zip!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
i too am looking for a new driver and probably will go with a draw bias as i slice it wider than a can hit it long. Just got my new putter, dont really have any intentions of adding anythin to my bag untill i can use whats already in there, then i may invest in a rescue wood.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I need a new bag since I broke the strap on my on Friday & a 3 wood, I only drive about 230-245 so never really use a 3 wood as my home course only has 2 par 5s and the rest short par 4s.

T

thecraw

I have a Ping Hoofer 2 bag which is now 7 years old and still imaculate. The Ping Hoofer and Hoofer 2 & 3 were bombproof. Still pick em up on ebay and they are the business.

Back in the days...... dont make bags like they used too son....

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you are looking for a 3 wood you could do a lot worse than the Benross V6 Trimas I just bought. Great club with quality shaft and grip and only £39.99 from Pricebuster golf.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pity,really is a great club for the money. Never bought Benross kit before but decided to have a punt at that price and the quality is unbelieveable.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
First buy of the year (not counting shoes bought in a sale), my lovely Ping B60, cut down to 33 in. They couldn't quite understand why I insisted on retaining the Karsten grip.
I've also been struggling with my hybrid (sure it's too stiff) so awaiting my mates return from Abu Dhabi when I will get to try out his under used 7-wood on loan (with a possible buy option).
Might put the new irons back a bit until I can start hitting my current ones again (had them retro-fitted, stock package irons turned out to be 3/4* upright and 1/2" too short). Had my mind set on Orka's, now the pro has offered a good deal on MX-19's - what to do!