nike oss slingshots

bulldogoscar

Visit site
Anyone got any opinions on these clubs for a 24 handicapper,i can hit straight but tend to have problems getting height on the ball.
I was thinking of getting a set from america as the exchange rate at the moment is good for buying.I have seen a set for £190 plus duty and shipping.The other clubs i was considering was the callaway x 18s for around the same money.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
If they are from america at those prices they will be fakes, no doubt about it.

I don't rate Nike equipment at all. I think it is all crap designed for posers who fancy themselves as the next Tiger.
Overrated, questionable quality, overpriced.

As for the callaways, quality equipment and if you have problems getting height they would be ideal as would Cobra S9's.

If you are after irons see your pro, hit as many as you can, find out what you like and get custom fitted.

Whatever you do PLEASE do not buy overseas crap. A guy came down to the range with his newly acquired TMR7's only to find out he had spend £250 on snides.

Buy from a pro, you know you are getting genuine gear at at fair price and trust me, the pro will look after you.

If it is too good to be true there is bound to be a pitfall.

Jon.

FLOPSHOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
how long you been playing?? if you wanna bit of height get some lessons clubs wont make the difference it'll be shafts . you want a lower kick shaft for more height. But tweek your swing is the better bet i recon. Its a good time off year to make swing changes. if your hitting the ball in low you get away with it in winter. come the summer you will have some difficulty controlling the ball to stop as the grounds a lot firmer.

thats one factor im working on at the moment

ianmc

Club Champion
Visit site
ive got a set of x-18s and cost £500 they are excellent clubs. for that price definate snides i say you can get them for around £300.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would go for the callaways great club for an improving player.And you can always get a trade in on them when the time comes.

FLOPSHOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Them callaways are nice ive hit them. good choice.
dont think them nikes are as popular as the callaways. Havent hit them so cant comment on there feel.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Your'e totally right there brndy, callaway's and cobras do tend do give a slightly higher flight, this is why I use cobras.

Callaway x18's would be a great starter or cobra s9's or fp's. I use FP's and they are great.

Not hit the x18 callways but x20's were grand.

ForeLeft

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have callaways and play off 22 (down from 28 hurray!). The best thing I did, following advice from the forum, was getting fitted.

Once I had done that I just bought the clubs I needed rather then a whole set, again saving unnecessary expense. My ball flight improved, especially from dodgy lies and the rough (for which I have a nature skill at finding!)

Good luck.