Nike Drivers

chipsandegg

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all,
I was wondering can anyone help me? i currently have the original Nike SQ which i am happy with and feel hit quite consistantly to about 250 - 260 yards. what i was wondering was ,has anyone tried the new Nike SQ Sumo 5000 or the square one (5900 i think) and could let me know whether or not are they an improvement on the driver i already have? When i bought my driver i tried out a number of drivers first and found i hit the Nike one a lot more consistantly (although i wasnt over keen on its looks or sound i thought , hey if it works!)so am quite sure that the Nike is for me, am just a little unsure whether it is going to be worth spending my money on something that offers little or no improvement?
Thanks as always guys, ur always a great help

Andy ;)

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If your happy with your driver dont change it all the square drivers are made for people who are a bit wayward off the tee thet tend to hit it straighter but this tends to take a little distance off.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Hi Andy,
I tried the nike SQ's and found the "normal" looking one better than the square, try the Yonex nanospeed I as it has ther mechanics of a sqaure driver but the classic looks, it goes a country miles and is straight due to the machanics and sounds pretty decent.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not as good as you Andy....but I tried a Callaway FT-i and although it seemed quite straight it didn't seem to hit the ball as nicely as my G5 or FT-3. It could simply be because it's hard to feel you've "middled one" with one of these square beasts. i.i.r.c. the Callaway had a tad longer shaft but certainly didn't give me any extra distance.
I say if we/I can find something comfy that goes a decent distance for our standard/swing (in my case 230-250 with 90 mph) and pretty straight, maybe best to find other areas to work on.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I Really rate Nike gear, having tried the original SQ's on demo days & know what setup I would need if I had one. Thing is I've used Nike gear before (CPRII set) & although got on very well with it, its something to do with the asthetics of their clubs & the fact a Mr T Woods uses Nike has for a long time put me off using Nike again, though must admit I might consider Nike in the future if I see something more classic looking, especially now that Brit players are now getting sponsorships from them.

Do like the lower face look of some of the newer drivers, including Nike. OK, its generally an optical illusion, though I'm now able again to tee lower with my new Dd6+, so not entirely an illusion.

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
like you andy i had the first nike sasquatch which was a really good driver only changed as the shaft was a bit whippy for me,i have hit ne nike 5000 with the graffloy epic shaft in it(think that was the name) and it was much better as i could keep it under control,but it might just be the shaft not the head as it went a similar distance to the old one,if you do get one let me know how you get on with it because it looks like thats my next choice of driver

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I tried both the new SQ Sumo and last year's version and found little difference. Ended up buying last year's SUMO SQ for about £120 rather than spebnd and extra £70 on the new model.