Nice balls.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never had bad ones yet. Read the reviews first and you cant go wrong. A gamble is putting £50 on red not buying golf balls on Ebay mate.
Well that's lucky for you. I'm sure you will continue buying them until you get a dud yourself, of course. I'd rather buy new so I can reasonably expect some consistency from my golf ball.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
How do you find them Jacko, just been given a sleeve of the MTB black to try out, also won some Bridgestone B330s in a raffle last week so will give them a go as well

B330 are good.

I use the Snell Red, really like them and more durable than a German brand which a lot of people seem to like. (My findings)

To be honest I have not bought another batch yet and I'm happily using TM TP5x.

Only balls I'm not a great fan of now are Pro V, Z Star and Vice.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Oooo someone is touchy on this Monday morning. I was just stating that I have found Ebay better, for example, a dozen Titleist velocity balls are £22.99 in AM golf but you can get a dozen pearl grade balls for £10.95.

Not touchy at all, you stated main retailers rip you off - you have no idea on wholesale costs, overheads etc or anything else affecting the retail market in this country.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any good deals around on premium balls? I am reaching the end of a job lot of nike rzn platinum and so far none of the usual places seem to have any good deals going.

You have just reminded me I have a load of the RZN platinum to sell.

I will sort them out tomorrow and put them in the 'for sale'.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Oooo someone is touchy on this Monday morning. I was just stating that I have found Ebay better, for example, a dozen Titleist velocity balls are £22.99 in AM golf but you can get a dozen pearl grade balls for £10.95.

You’re not comparing like with like though!
Of course used balls will be cheaper as there is no guarantee of the quality

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Don't think you're getting my point mate..I found them better value as they have always performed the same as brand new ones.
Which is fine for you but, as Dando said, there is no GUARANTEE of quality. Golf balls are tested on lots of parameters but one thing they are not tested on is their efficacy after been at the bottom of a lake for weeks/months/years.
Carry on using them if you want but many of us would rather have a product with a proven history rather than one where we don't know what conditions its been in for how long.
Nobody is right or wrong, just different opinions. You pays your money, you takes your choice/chance.

Last edited:

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Which is fine for you but, as Dando said, there is no GUARANTEE of quality. Golf balls are tested on lots of parameters but one thing they are not tested on is their efficacy after been at the bottom of a lake for weeks/months/years.
Carry on using them if you want but many of us would rather have a product with a proven history rather than one where we don't know what conditions its been in for how long.
Nobody is right or wrong, just different opinions. You pays your money, you takes your choice/chance.

Couldn't agree more. I was a loyal customer to lake balls for many years until one day, on the same round I hit 2 dud balls of the tee. There is indeed no Guarantee and until it happens to you, you will believe that they are every bit as good as a new ball. Many, many are, but clearly, from not just my experience but others as expressed, there IS a risk.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I wouldn't buy balls from anywhere else. Main retailers rip you off and the balls are always like new from Ebay sellers.

To state retailers rip you off, you must know the cost price from the wholesalers.
Or is it just another uneducated consumer rant that retailers are all millionaires driving around in Ferrari's.

Often lots of bargains on ebay, not necessarily obtained by the seller in the correct ways.

Maybe he's a retailer who gets hacked off with unfounded accusations that retailers rip people off; you know, retailers who provide bricks and mortar shops so you can view the goods, pay business rates, etc which a lot of eBay sellers don't have to do. Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Dannyc

Visit site
In my opinion for what it’s worth lake balls or 2nd hand balls are not the same I do buy both though only use new dearer balls for comps etc

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Scenario.....
You're looking for your ball in the rough and come across a new looking ProV/ZStars/TP5 etc etc.....
Looks like it's been hit once.......

Does it coming your bag?
Do you use it?

If so, how do you know it's not a lake ball or one that's been lying around for months..?
Just asking........

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Scenario.....
You're looking for your ball in the rough and come across a new looking ProV/ZStars/TP5 etc etc.....
Looks like it's been hit once.......

Does it coming your bag?
Do you use it?

If so, how do you know it's not a lake ball or one that's been lying around for months..?
Just asking........
Personally, I pick up balls the better balls that I find and throw them in the bag - but I still only really use them as provisionals, or on friendly rounds where I've already lost one or two of my purchased balls. In fairness I rarely ever find premium balls like the ones you say, it's usually Titleist Trusoft, Srixon Soft Feel, very occasionally a Chromesoft. I've never found a TP5 or a ZStar, and even ProVs I've only ever found like twice.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Personally, I pick up balls the better balls that I find and throw them in the bag - but I still only really use them as provisionals, or on friendly rounds where I've already lost one or two of my purchased balls. In fairness I rarely ever find premium balls like the ones you say, it's usually Titleist Trusoft, Srixon Soft Feel, very occasionally a Chromesoft. I've never found a TP5 or a ZStar, and even ProVs I've only ever found like twice.
You want to play a better class of course :LOL:. Even better, get to a decent hotel course that attracts the corporate golfer. The type that only play twice a year, buy new balls from the pro shop on expenses, buy good balls because they are on expenses and they want to show everyone what good golfers play with, the type that then spray them all over the course.

I played at Oulton Hall, hotel course near Leeds, one time. Pushed a tee shot into some trees, came out 2 minutes later with 8 x premium balls, all barely touched. My ball? Didn't care :D. Happy days ;).

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
Balls I find that are decent go in my bag for practice. Balls I find that are rubbish stay where they lie. Wouldn’t use lake balls again too often I don’t find they all play the same. Unless you’re losing 2/3 balls a round I can’t see why you wouldn’t use new so you’re guaranteed consistency. Too many variables in this game so that’s one thing I can take out of that