NFL 2019

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I used to attend Patriots games back when they played in Boston, Fenway Park to be precise, and tickets were seven dollars. I was in college and even I could afford seven bucks in 1960s money.

Most of the years were lean.
The past twenty have been magnificent.
But last night, I sat through that great era coming to an end.

Tom Brady, at 42, says that it's "unlikely" that he will retire.
He has a beautiful family, and he's all set financially.
I don't know why he'd risk catastrophic injury just to prove publicly that he can't play anymore.

He's the greatest quarterback who ever lived. He's the GOAT (greatest of all time). He shouldn't ruin his legacy due to hubris and greed.

Your fans love you, Tommy. Retire now, please.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I used to attend Patriots games back when they played in Boston, Fenway Park to be precise, and tickets were seven dollars. I was in college and even I could afford seven bucks in 1960s money.

Most of the years were lean.
The past twenty have been magnificent.
But last night, I sat through that great era coming to an end.

Tom Brady, at 42, says that it's "unlikely" that he will retire.
He has a beautiful family, and he's all set financially.
I don't know why he'd risk catastrophic injury just to prove publicly that he can't play anymore.

He's the greatest quarterback who ever lived. He's the GOAT (greatest of all time). He shouldn't ruin his legacy due to hubris and greed.

Your fans love you, Tommy. Retire now, please.

Yup think Mr Brady has just about done enough now to be mentioned in the same breath as that other Pats legend.Steve Grogan. ?

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Yup think Mr Brady has just about done enough now to be mentioned in the same breath as that other Pats legend.Steve Grogan. ?

I know that you're kidding. Grogan was a gritty competitor whose competitiveness we all appreciated.
But we don't mention him in the same breath as the GOAT.
As a matter of fact, most of the team records that Brady broke were Vito "Babe" Parilli's records.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I know that you're kidding. Grogan was a gritty competitor whose competitiveness we all appreciated.
But we don't mention him in the same breath as the GOAT.
As a matter of fact, most of the team records that Brady broke were Vito "Babe" Parilli's records.

yup deffo kidding, Grogan was the first Pats QB I can remember, although I am sure he was not the starting QB when they got battered by the Bears in the Super Bowl back in the 80,s

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
If Brady retired now, when would he graduate to the Hall of Fame?
Is it one of those where they wait a few years to see if they come out of retirement?

Done a bit of research. And it’s a 5 season break. (y)

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
yup deffo kidding, Grogan was the first Pats QB I can remember, although I am sure he was not the starting QB when they got battered by the Bears in the Super Bowl back in the 80,s

He had to come into the game, though, because Tony Eason was looking for a place to lie down before the Bears' pass rush got to him. It was the most cowardly performance that I've ever seen on the gridiron, and the press reported it as such. Grogan was no super star, but he definitely wasn't a coward. He was all grit.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
49ers looked good in their easy win over the vikings.
what a surprise to wake up to the Ravens loss though! I’ll have to watch the highlights and see what happened.

GO HAWKS!!!