Votes: 36 41.9%
  • Increase

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Decrease

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 16999

What do expect to happen at your Club reference next years Green Fees?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
well considering the club just spent £1M on course upgrades and a massive drop in visitor income.....its only going to go one way....:cry:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Staying the same - and they've extended our 12 months to 13 this year as we've missed so much playing time.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Voted stay the same as I think that's what will happen.
Obviously we've lost something like 10 weeks of the year to lockdowns and the club haven't mentioned any recompense, which a lot of other clubs have.
We are due to have a subs increase but there are whispers that it may be put off until 2022.
But it will be what it will be...ill be paying it

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can only think that they will go up at my old club. Parts of the committee wanted a rise last year in excess of twice what was voted through. With no income from guests, societies, the bar, weddings, parties etc I suspect that there is a big gap to fill. That said, I think it would be short sighted to try and fill that gap too quickly as there is a limit to what people can or will spend on golf.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Clubs like ours who have enjoyed substantial overseas visitor income for many years have seen a huge drop in income and so subs will inevitably have to rise. Hopefully the visitors will be back in numbers in 2022.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Our club is very pro active in asking members to support an inflationary increase each year.

At the moment, the green staff have been doing a fantastic job and this year the course was in incredible shape. Probably one of the best kept members courses in Scotland. And they are doing as many projects as they can cram in over the winter in terms of repairing drainage, a bit of bunkering and laying artificial surfaces for paths around the course.

Added to that, like most other clubs, we have had a fair influx of new members including a lot of people who want to play regular golf, so the tee sheet is very busy to the point of being problematic. No doubt we may see a slight reduction in member numbers as people realise they won't play as much in 2021 or move to a club that might have an quieter tee sheet, but I'm guessing we will still be close to full membership next year.

We are also relatively fortunate in that we weren't reliant on huge bar or food income and I would estimate loss of visitor income has been covered by additional members and guest fees.

I reckon another 2% to 3% increase and they will think up plenty of things to spend any additional revenue on if they do get 500 to 600 members.

However there's another option which would be to freeze members fees and make it known that no one will gain entry without committing to the full joining fee (£750), which in reality is often heavily discounted or paid back to joiners in bar card monies.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
At my current club they've already announced the decrease. They were already cheap anyway because it's a council course and we pay green fees separate, but our membership fees have come down anyway.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gone up £20 per year
As of November 1st

Got no extension of membership for 1st lockdown

But anybody renewing now
Gets 13 months for 12, for this current lockdown period just lost

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I know all the loss of income is a fact and true but have not any of your clubs applied for or received government grants and reacted to the shortfalls by furloughing staff?

D

Deleted member 3432

Our subs are to remain at this years rate so no increase and cheap as chips.

Visitors green fees are to increase slightly to £60 day rate midweek , not sure of weekend rate but not much more so still best value golf of any Top 100 course in the UK.

Club has attracted some new members and is considering capping membership numbers now as the increased visitor numbers of recent years can put pressure on tee slots particularly midweek. Tremendous end of the season with high visitor numbers has left the club in a good position and enabled us to crack on with works to replace the irrigation system which was on its last legs.

If you have not played Silloth on Solway you are missing out on a treat.

D

Deleted member 21258

two same as last year, clubs spending like its a normal year on the course, no extras or like given for lockdowns. One had a real lack of tee times as too many visitors and the other no tee times generally due to members play
one not heard from, but always tee times, would be happy to pay for
one extending membership year about 2 months and I think 3 guest fees free
one giving a percentage off at renewal think it was about 10 or 12%, but restricted tee times availability so barely played

Not sure what I am doing yet on memberships, may leave upto three of them this year. Not moaning as I am in a lucky position to be able to choose still.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I know all the loss of income is a fact and true but have not any of your clubs applied for or received government grants and reacted to the shortfalls by furloughing staff?

I was quite surprised when our club did a forecast early in the 1st lockdown and even accounting for furlough and other support measures, how bad it looked.

I thought initially that furloughing most staff and still getting most members to pay their fees would leave the club quite well off. But there was a big shortfall in the budget. Main reason being that the club will lose a certain number of members every year, for various reasons, but they do quite a good job of marketing and getting new members. I'd imagine good weather in April and May is key, but the early forecasts couldn't assume we would get any new members. In reality we did get a good influx and I imagine the budget is back on track, if not even ahead of where they hoped to be.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Ours talked of some form of recompense for time lost to lockdown-1, but heard nothing since. I doubt we'll have 14 months for 12 or such as subs due end of March and I don't think they'd want to change the payment date.

I'm thinking of moving clubs anyway, the membership is great but I've built up too many mental scars on a lot of the holes and haven't enjoyed playing the course recently as much as I did.

And it gets wet in the winter, but that's true of all clubs on the Leicestershire clay belt.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would they get grants, do they qualify? I genuinely don't know. They can apply for govt loans but they have to be paid back.

Clubs have lost green fees from visitors, societies, corporate days. Money over the bar from all. They could furlough some staff but not most greenkeepers. They may also have decided to top up the furlough payments, govt paid 80% remember so do they top up to 100% or not?

Clubs accounts will tell the tale, the shortfall between this year and last, but I expect for most it will be hefty. Yes, many have gained members but have they gained enough to cover the money lost?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
two same as last year, clubs spending like its a normal year on the course, no extras or like given for lockdowns. One had a real lack of tee times as too many visitors and the other no tee times generally due to members play
one not heard from, but always tee times, would be happy to pay for
one extending membership year about 2 months and I think 3 guest fees free
one giving a percentage off at renewal think it was about 10 or 12%, but restricted tee times availability so barely played

Not sure what I am doing yet on memberships, may leave upto three of them this year. Not moaning as I am in a lucky position to be able to choose still.

How many clubs are you part of?! (sounds awesome)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
If I remember correctly our owner announced during the summer that he would look to reduce 2021s fees to offset the loss of golf in 2020. I'd be very surprised if we were "compensated" fully given the loss of revenue that the club has suffered...maybe if we got 1 month back for every two that were lost that might be doable under the current economic climate.

Tommy10

Visit site
I think we are getting an extension that equates to the duration of the initial lockdown, think that's about 9 weeks which would take me through to beginning of April before my subs were due again.

Thinking of changing clubs so that would be a good time to move on, just around the time when the season starts.