New years eve,love it or loath it?

D

Deleted member 1740

I hate new year it's the most over-rated night of the year followed very close by valentines day/night.

I'm taking my tart out on saturday night instead, no hassle getting a bevy at the bar nor paying to get in most places ,taxi home is no hassle and a 3rd of the price.

The fridge is stocked with beer, tonic nicely chilled,plenty of ice,fresh limes and a litre of bombay sapphire at the ready whilst listening to my tunes and not the usual shite you'd have to listen to out and about!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to love it but the lack of a decent house party can wreck a New Year.

Edinburgh pretty much closes around 3am after the Street Party celebrations...which are just an excuse to develop hypothermia with strangers.. so a decent party is a must.

I'm working tonight until 11pm (taxi call centre-that'll be fun tonight) and haven't decided whether to just come home afterwards through the crowds on Princes Street or head down to a mate's party and stagger home in -12 degrees at 5 in the morning. Ah, choices, choices.

Anyhoo. Hope everyone here has a good one. Just don't try to phone a taxi unless you know where (and who) you are! Most won't up here tonight.

:p