New to the game...clubs?

ejh123456

Visit site
Hi chaps,

Just started playing, four lessons in and addicted! However, the clubs I am using are Mizuno MP 30's (given to me by a kind friend), with stiff Nippon shafts. I have been advised by the pro and a couple of other friends that these are probably not ideal for a beginner. So, I need advice on alternatives. Initially I was going to go with Big Bertha's. But someone suggested I would probably out grow these too quickly and suggested maybe the X18's instead..are X18's the way to go? Any help would be much appreciated....thanks in advance!

Ed

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
suggested maybe the X18's instead..are X18's the way to go? Any help would be much appreciated....thanks in advance!

The X series irons are some of the best ever made i.m.o.

The Berthas are a little excessive, so I agree.

I've hit them all, and my favourite are the X-18s, that's why I went on a mission to find a set a year ago.
People don't like them because they are chunky-looking and in all truth do hit the ball a bit high once your swing speed is getting "up there". Apart from the X-16s, they are comfortably one of the most forgiving clubs ever made, excluding niche/gimmick clubs.

ejh123456

Visit site
Many Thanks for your time, appreciated. I think I have now made a decision and will now start the search for a good set of X18's.

Cheers