New Titleist ProV1 and ProV1x balls

Driverman

Hacker
Visit site
Hi there,

Has anybody teed up any of these yet? I played 18 today with the ProV1x and was impressed with the distance and control of it. Slight concern is a few small cracks of the outer surface appearing. Also they were £1 cheaper for a sleeve than the older version in my pro-shop which I found strange. Overall I am very happy to use this ball and reckon I get 20 yards extra distance off the tee.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I must admit I prefer the old Pro V1. It takes one hell of a beating before it looses it's shape (well, mine does anyway) I feel the X's scuff up too easily and when you fizz in a punchy 9 of wedge to a green, it goes in the practise bag after that hole. It's fine and dandy for the Pro's to change a ball a hole but my undeclareables (stash cash for balls cos the wife would have me playing Bald Eagle if she knew how much I spent) don't allow me that privelage. In wet cold days I also like the NXT tour.

Andy

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
Can't feel a lot of difference compared to the old Pro V- Still one of the best balls around, the alignment aid is a nice touch but in terms of feel and distance I don’t think they have changed much.

B

birdieman

Started with the prov1x this year having played the Callaway HX Tour for the past 3. The proV1x's durability is fantastic, I have had 3 rounds out of one, with the HX Tours I took skin off on every wedge shot and sometimes after one hole they were beat up. The HX Tours do spin much more but I decided I needed more length and the prov1x gives me that and still stops well on thegreen but tends to run out a little more than the HXtour which is ok by me. I like the prov1x and am sticking with it.