New Taylor Made Irons

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i hit these last month. they come out almost identical to the cb's i hit them against. or they might have been mc's.

very nice though. but £1500 for a set? someone is smoking something up at tm

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I actually prefer the TP MC's from 2014, the older model looks far nicer and these new ones defffo won't be any easier to hit than the old model.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
£1500...........!!!
think for the money you can get a better quality club then them..

They must be smoking something strange in their HQ!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
rs3s nowhere near as chunky as those pictures thats for sure

i use this as my practice club that i leave in the car. theres nothing in it. maybe the sole on the tm is thicker

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170118-182416.jpg
    Screenshot_20170118-182416.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 79

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
i hit these last month. they come out almost identical to the cb's i hit them against. or they might have been mc's.

very nice though. but £1500 for a set? someone is smoking something up at tm

It's because there's more metal in the head as they've stopped using slots....Metal costs more than plastic...😝

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Good looking, for Taylormade, but as previously stated, a bit chunky on the top line. No mention of lofts either, so how jacked are they? Silly money too. Are they making them one set at a time?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good looking, for Taylormade, but as previously stated, a bit chunky on the top line. No mention of lofts either, so how jacked are they? Silly money too. Are they making them one set at a time?

the top lines are not as chunky as they appear. my ping ie1 are lot chunkier.

as for lofts. i hit the pw at 46 degrees and the 7 iron at 33 degrees

General Fade

Medal Winner
Visit site
Apolgies for getting this one going again but a search on the GM Forum on P770's only threw up this thread.

So question is how is anyone if at all getting on with them?

I has a session at American Golf in the last few weeks with them with XP95 regulars and was hitting good shots and will be hitting of grass as a tester soon locally.

Just looking for any feed back really and they have come down in price although still steep at £950ish.

Cheers, Fade

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apolgies for getting this one going again but a search on the GM Forum on P770's only threw up this thread.

So question is how is anyone if at all getting on with them?

I has a session at American Golf in the last few weeks with them with XP95 regulars and was hitting good shots and will be hitting of grass as a tester soon locally.

Just looking for any feed back really and they have come down in price although still steep at £950ish.

Cheers, Fade

before you take the plunge you should try the new p790's. a really impressive club

Last edited:

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I wanted to get the P770's when I went to get fitted a few months ago but ended up getting the M1's. Even though the M1's don't look as nice I couldn't get away from the performance benefits. The M1 went further, better dispersion and flew higher with a softer landing which was what I was looking for. A few months down the line and handicap has gone from 8 to 6 and the irons play is much better than before.