New stand bag needed - recommendations?

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My sun mountain 3.5 stand bag broke last weekend. It's a couple of models old, the model with the 3 grab handles around the top of the bag. It snapped at one of the joints in the top and is definitely unrepairable and unusable.

So I'm in the market for a new bag.

Front runners so far:

Titleist (made by sun mountain I think)
Newer sun mountain 3.5
Ping hoofer
Nike air sport

Any other suggestions of reviews of the above?

I prefer to carry, and although I have a clicgear I will carry 9 times out of 10. Bag must have a good blend of lightish weight and storage space. I liked the 4 divider system in the sun moutain, nice and simple.
The one thing I didn't like about the sun mountain was the lack of open stash pockets on the outside, it only had a single drink pocket, my old Nike was better in this regard with a scorecard pocket, drink pocket, storage net on the side and a stash pocket above the ball pocket.

Thanks
Stu

Bazep

Club Champion
Visit site
Nike hybrid with a 14way divider. New bag for me this season and thought I would d up swapping it out but I've been really impressed. I also always carry and find it light, spacious and looks great.

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've just bought the Titleist Stadry 2015. Look the business and completely waterproof. Not used it yet as waiting for our course to change to carry only but impressed with its looks and weight.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The new Nike bags are very nice but going for a waterproof one seems to limit the options.

Callaway Aqua - gets good reviews
Ogio - poor only feed back
Titleist stadry/sun mountain h2no - same bag and market leaders
Imax Aqua - not a mainline brain but a lot cheaper and reviews seem awesome.
Taylormade now offer a water proof but not seen it close up.

My only issues with the new stadry/h2no is the devider system only being 4 ways, the imax has 14 and is only 1lb heavier.

With our climate I don't see the point of not going waterproof.

Last edited:

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hadn't really considered a waterproof one, I'll take a look.

I'm not bothered about 14 dividers, I have 4 at the moment and like it.

Just put my clubs in my old Nike xtreme sport IV for the weekend and I do like it, particularly the putter well it has. A new Nike is probably front runner at the moment.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I've just bought the Titleist Stadry 2015. Look the business and completely waterproof. Not used it yet as waiting for our course to change to carry only but impressed with its looks and weight.

That is me to a letter.

reviews were very good.
With the weather we have had last couple of days it will be having its first outing next week.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think I'm going to go with an Ogio ozone, really like the look of their woode organiser top.
Just need to find somewhere in the UK that stocks them now.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Don't touch a Callaway Aqua with a bargepole. I had one on which a leg gave way, returned it under warranty, and the replacement has just had a carry strap tear from the bag itself.

Poor quality.

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd that's the Rain hood clam shell, it's a pain in the ar5e!!

Pretty sure it's a standard rain hood. A review of last year's version I read was bemoaning the lack of the clamshell, they seemed to like it.
Apprently they've sorted their old issue of droopy legs, which was the main complaint of ogio bags previously.