New shoes ?????.

SG86

Medal Winner
Visit site
I spend that amount on shoes. Personally I play about 5-6 times a month and my feet are very important parts of my game.

I once bought a pair of cheap Nikes from a well known sports shop. £40 I paid and walked away chuffed. After 9 holes I had a massive blister and ruined my round and couldnt play for a week while it healed. (I work in Magnum Combat boots so am used to lots of walking and pressure so a blister is a huge pain in the balls!)

I'll pay £150+ for my FJ's but only for FJ. I used to like Adidas Tours but I'm not a fan onf the way the design is going more towards trainers. FJ Classics or Icons please.

I absolutley hate the new ECCO shoes, I'm sure they are comfy but they look horrid and 'new age'. Not a fan and if somebody from my roll up comes in wearing them, I will personally hit them with the SW in the nuts.

Some things in golf need to change, some things should never change.

SG86

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not a fan and if somebody from my roll up comes in wearing them, I will personally hit them with the SW in the nuts.

Stupidest statement for a while, it's only a pair of shoes.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have a pair of Footjoy AQL's and they're brilliant.

£50 for comfortable, waterproof shoe that, in my humble opinion, aren't bad looking, cant be all that bad!

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bought Fj dry joys tour and my feet are moving about inside which is useless on a hilly course, and to top it off something is rubbing inside so a blister on the little toe £115!!!!
Had fj's for 20 years with no issues until now.

If you get one of the FJ models with the BOA lacing system, you won't have any problem with your feet moving about in the shoes.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Bought Fj dry joys tour and my feet are moving about inside which is useless on a hilly course, and to top it off something is rubbing inside so a blister on the little toe £115!!!!

If you get one of the FJ models with the BOA lacing system, you won't have any problem with your feet moving about in the shoes.

tell me more?

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ive got 2 pairs of FJ Classics, got the in the US for $160 (£100), and have already had them 3 seasons, and they are still absolutely fantastic.
Super comfy, super sturdy, and I love 'em.

Sure, if you dont look after your shoes, dont pay that much, but if you DO look after shoes, and do like quality kit, they'l last you years,.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have 4 pairs of classics. They are as waterproof as a tea bag. But I still love them. Dry weather only though.

I have a pair of Churches. Ditto.

I have a pair of FJ sports. Very uncomfortable to wear, but at least I have dry feet.

I am waiting for my new FJ secret squirrels. They should cover all the bases.

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm going to throw in some love for Puma shoes. I've got the Jigg, in luminous orange, like wot I got in my avatar.

Clearly not to everyone's taste but ultra comfy and I like the modern syle in all Puma's gear. I got them for £80, which is probably about as much as I want to pay with my current finances. The three-figure price mark is a big psychological barrier, but if someone proved to me that they could get 5 years out of shoes with some TLC, then I'd consider it, I guess.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Footjoy never seems to fit me well, the Adidas tours are v comfy but fall apart inside the heel in no time, the Nikes I had also didnt last more than few mths.

Currently got one last pair of the Adidas tours and looking for a new pair of something else, problem is finding anything to try in my size is nigh on impossible, who knows what will be next lol

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
Wouldn't recommend Addidas, the heel inside bit wore through to the plastic within 2 rounds (supposedly a very common complaint), although they wer very comfy I'd expect £100 shoes to last a little bit longer.

Swapped them out for a pair of Mizunos which were the second most comfortable & have lasted well in some horrible conditions.

Used to swear by FJ but think they've gone downhill in the last few years both in comfort & durability.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
I am waiting for my new FJ secret squirrels. They should cover all the bases.

Murph I'm plan info getting some new shoes. Now I was originally thinking of getting some new MyJoys for the winter months but following your Irish adventure would you recommend holding on for some secret squirrels?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
They won't really MyJoy much, as they only come in one colour. Not a pair for the fashion guru. They look fine, and certainly not ugly, just look like golf shoes.

Performance wise, I thought they were great. Very different to the shoes I am used to. They won't appeal to everyone though.

For me, I would buy these when they come out, if I wasn't getting a pair anyway. I won't be wearing them in the mud though.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

tell me more?

With the BOA lacing system, there are no laces. Instead there is aircraft grade steel wire which is tightened up by a little knob on the back of the shoe so the whole shoe is tightened up around the foot making a completely snug fit. Some models of the FJ Contours have them at an extra cost of a couple of quid and some of the more expensive models also have the system. I've played over 150 rounds in mine and I swear by them. Have a look at the FJ website.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
With the BOA lacing system, there are no laces. Instead there is aircraft grade steel wire which is tightened up by a little knob on the back of the shoe so the whole shoe is tightened up around the foot making a completely snug fit. Some models of the FJ Contours have them at an extra cost of a couple of quid and some of the more expensive models also have the system. I've played over 150 rounds in mine and I swear by them. Have a look at the FJ website.

Spot on description.
I have a pair of Contours with the Boa lacing system and they are great. Fit like a glove, and very, very comfortable. The lace system certainly does make a difference.
I have also recently purchased a pair of Icons, which I wore for the first time on Wednesday of this week. Very comfortable, and one of my playing partners commented that he was looking to buy a pair exactly the same and was glad that he had seen them in the flesh. I shopped around for a deal and managed to get them for £120.00 including 3 pairs of FJ socks. None of the Icon range have the BOA lacing system fitted, which is a shame. I would have gladly ordered them over traditional laces straight away had they have done. The BOA system is that good.
I played like a total and utter plank. Don't think it was the shoes though
:( :( :( :( :(