New shinies plus lesson = success?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just been down range

Driver started with a slight fade.. finished hitting far too high off face but still better than my old drives ironically

My hybrid and irons though were outstanding

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
first event today... first drive (been working on leaning the shaft down a bit.. toe up on the driver) banged it 170 down the middle.. not bad for first tee

11/14 drives found the fairway... 180-210

37 points
Good man. How does 37 points stand in the comp? I'm doing the opposite of the thread title at the weekend. Playing in the roll up and then off for a lesson. Hoping it'll be no more than a swing MOT to get ready for the season

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good man. How does 37 points stand in the comp? I'm doing the opposite of the thread title at the weekend. Playing in the roll up and then off for a lesson. Hoping it'll be no more than a swing MOT to get ready for the season

Finished 5th winner got 41.. most scored over 34 points.. course played pretty easy

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My driver has been very off.. so had my lesson today.. not swung a club for 3 weeks.. I can say I’m delighted

Few corrections. My path was too shallow. Wider take away

798A045C-3337-4587-A6B4-9A6DE3DA7AEE.jpeg

The carry rocketed

Roll on Thursday

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My driver has been very off.. so had my lesson today.. not swung a club for 3 weeks.. I can say I’m delighted

Few corrections. My path was too shallow. Wider take away

View attachment 27092

The carry rocketed

Roll on Thursday

Good few months between lessons on the driver

The 210 carry in this picture really was my peak and I was playing well through the summer

Then bad habits came back to went back down for a lesson on the driver (been having lessons on irons which have been decent)

Pushed the mph up to 90 from 85 and pushed the carry up to 220

image upload

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good few months between lessons on the driver

The 210 carry in this picture really was my peak and I was playing well through the summer

Then bad habits came back to went back down for a lesson on the driver (been having lessons on irons which have been decent)

Pushed the mph up to 90 from 85 and pushed the carry up to 220

image upload
Cor that’s interesting, have you been looking at your grip as well?
I was having a dreadful summer, spoke to a friend who has a skytrak and made some adjustments. Still putting the consistency together.
Keep going !

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cor that’s interesting, have you been looking at your grip as well?
I was having a dreadful summer, spoke to a friend who has a skytrak and made some adjustments. Still putting the consistency together.
Keep going !

Been working on the grip constantly with him. Almost every lesson is a little tidy up of the grip to just keep it in the foundations.

Must admit the guy does do cracking work . Before he got track man he was very much low tech kind of pro. Now he has it he still uses his methods and just backs them up with trackman

Worth every penny

Last of my 4 lesson block I bought in march though so best start saving

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Been working on the grip constantly with him. Almost every lesson is a little tidy up of the grip to just keep it in the foundations.

Must admit the guy does do cracking work . Before he got track man he was very much low tech kind of pro. Now he has it he still uses his methods and just backs them up with trackman

Worth every penny

Last of my 4 lesson block I bought in march though so best start saving
Some decent numbers there and glad he has got you back on track. I am like you and often slip back into old habits (posture in my case) so keep working hard and get the work on the range working for you on the course

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting comment I heard and it kind of sums it up, was about taking or having trust in your swing when you play and keeping it separate from your range practice .. so just check your fundamentals are in place via your set up routine and then play.. on the range consider the issue at hand.
It's really difficult, but the point is, when I am relaxed and I line up and swing I connect sweet as a nut and the ball goes .. when I start worrying about where I want my path to go through the ball or is my grip right or am I going to get ball first etc .. all kind of wonderful things happen :eek:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some decent numbers there and glad he has got you back on track. I am like you and often slip back into old habits (posture in my case) so keep working hard and get the work on the range working for you on the course

Yeah when I get tired or it isn't working I seem to default to trying to force a hit from inside and forcing rotation .. ends up a very very narrow swing with a club that bottoms out too early making me hit down on my drives either ballooning them or having the club head hit the floor and bounce up into the ball killing all power

Got to start the club back correctly and allow the momentum to get natural turn

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow what a difference a few years make

My game was trending in an upward direction with a downwards trend in handicap

Then just lost everything

So my last lesson was in this thread Dec 2019

Went to a new pro Dec 2022 3 years apart

He kept things simple..I had an entire new issue ..

In 1 lesson he got my speed up 10mph and distance up 30 yards but that was just because the distance had fallen off a cliff

Today lesson two we moved onto other bits .. another 2 mph swing speed and 15 yards added to my 7 iron

So going into lesson my 7 iron was 100 yards as I had lost it

Came out 130

Came out this lesson 145

Flight it now more of a draw again

Just a few simple tips

Best bit is he has built an indoor sim so it's lovely and warm

CountLippe

Visit site
Wow what a difference a few years make

My game was trending in an upward direction with a downwards trend in handicap

Then just lost everything

So my last lesson was in this thread Dec 2019

Went to a new pro Dec 2022 3 years apart

He kept things simple..I had an entire new issue ..

In 1 lesson he got my speed up 10mph and distance up 30 yards but that was just because the distance had fallen off a cliff

Today lesson two we moved onto other bits .. another 2 mph swing speed and 15 yards added to my 7 iron

So going into lesson my 7 iron was 100 yards as I had lost it

Came out 130

Came out this lesson 145

Flight it now more of a draw again

Just a few simple tips

Best bit is he has built an indoor sim so it's lovely and warm

Out of interest, what was causing the distance to fall off a cliff?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Out of interest, what was causing the distance to fall off a cliff?

Poor contact , caused by my right arm being too much over the club, big out to in swing face open or just a hook depending

Now today it was mainly draws

My speed was slow because I couldn't trust what I was doing,

Simple fix from mark and reset