New shinies plus lesson = success?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So after some very inconsistent driving over last season I decided time for a change.

Ditched my m2 and bought a beautiful cobra f7 yesterday. Saw an instant gain on the launch monitor at the range.

Now I’m not the longest hitter in the world .. never have been. So my game golf tells me aswell. My last 10 rounds my typical total drive is 170 yards with 212 longest and that’s total not carry

The new cobra just on range got my carry up to consistently 180.. a big gain

Had a lesson on trackman earlier today.. I arrived total drive was 195 (20 yards further than my total of my m2 last 10 rounds)

Anyways we worked on a few things and by end of lesson you can see the numbers in the below picture

190-200 carry with some nice grouping..

I’d say both are money well spent .. roll on the season

C9F627A7-8AD7-4345-BEFD-78DD06BE05E5.jpeg

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not the sort of comment needed really is it - does it matter how far someone hits the ball - there are blokes on here that pros would struggle to keep up with but it doesn’t matter at the end of the day as long as we enjoy the game.

To be fair I expected some jibs when I posted the numbers, but as you say it’s about enjoyment and I’ll enjoy it more with more distance than I have now

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't know how much of that I understand but as long as you do that's all that matters 👍

Once he broke down the numbers on trackman it was easier to understand for me, positive number in the club path is path from inside so aimed for that, neg number in club face was closed so aimed for that

One thing that instantly changed was my launch angle went from 22 degree (loft is 9.5) to 16/17 degree so my shots don’t fall out the sky after 150 now they keep going.. my drive always looked and sounded good they just fell from the air too soon with no roll

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Lighten up boys, I'd hate to play golf with some of you if your that uptight. I regularly wind my mates up when I play them for money. You are supposed to have a bit of a laugh when you play golf sometimes

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
One of the best players at my place was also one if the shortest hitters but boy could he hit straight and chip and putt

D

Deleted member 21258

Sounds like you should really notice the difference in flight and length, out on the course. Good stuff.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not the sort of comment needed really is it - does it matter how far someone hits the ball - there are blokes on here that pros would struggle to keep up with but it doesn’t matter at the end of the day as long as we enjoy the game.
I'm sure it was just a typo from Paul anyway and he meant to say 395 yards total rather than 195. We wouldn't the powers that be to ban him from the forum for not fitting in with the rest of us!

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I trust you're taking the pish out of the distances? If so, that's a particularly two hatty comment.
I thought it was funny if not a bit predictable. 🤣🤣 nothing gives you a reality check like a launch monitor. Everyone thinks they average 270 until it gets measured

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm sure it was just a typo from Paul anyway and he meant to say 395 yards total rather than 195. We wouldn't the powers that be to ban him from the forum for not fitting in with the rest of us!

Isn’t the equation for forum distance

Actual distance divided times by 2.5 just to give the impression of real gains

So my 230 drive becomes 287 .. such a short hitter compared to the forum 😂

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The first thing I noticed was the smash, pretty efficient.
I noticed that too. It would be interesting to see what the spread of smashes was. I once used a monitor (not a trackman) and was feeling good about the results, but for some reason the smash was always 1.5. It would be nice to think I had turned into a ball striking machine, but I suspect that there was some jiggery-pokery going on...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The first thing I noticed was the smash, pretty efficient.

When he explained that the best smash is 1.5 I was pleased

Clearly speed is what holds me back at 85 mph that’s quite slow, but hopefully with better mechanics I can bring the speed up