New Setup Position :)

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi All

Well, been playing 8 months now and currently setup with ball in middle of stance and club straight down.

Now that im gettin better (i hope) is it worth to start to setup with the club forward and leading arm with a flat wrist as at the impact position :)

Mattie

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ah.

I was hoping someone more qualified than me would say, but until they do, this is what I thought was right.

Ball in middle of stance for short clubs (say 7i and shorter?) then progressively more towards the left (for a r/h player) foot until it's level with the inside of your left heel with the driver.

Wherever the ball is, the shaft should be closer in line with your left arm than your right, rather than straight down halfway between left and right arms.

When you use an impact bag, it should be the shaft of the club hitting the bag before the head of the club, thus maintaining the forward angle of address. Your hands should be ahead of the club until after impact.

Don't take the word of a mid handicapper as gospel though. Hopefully someone better will either agree or put me right :)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Here you go...

addren.jpg