New Parent .... How much Golf?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
So i'm about to be a new Dad ...

Is my golfing days over for the foreseeable :LOL: how much did the avid golfers on here get out...

You will be able to see some Sky Sports with the sound off while sitting up during very early or late feeds. You can put the sticks in the shed, or on eBay, possibly.

We had the discussion when we were trying and then when we found out... she seemed fine with once a weekend earliest slot in the comps back by 11. then the rest of the weekend i'll be available

That's cute. You thought she actually meant that. She doesn't.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well firstly, congratulations on being a dad! I didn't start playing golf until my kids were around 7/8 years old. Mind you I didn't play golf until I was introduced by my sister in laws now ex husband, so I don't know what it was like when they were newborns etc. However, it's about give and take my wife and I agreed when the kids were born that we gave each other at least one day off a week to do whatever we wanted to - such as catch up with friends, go to football etc.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I should add her nan always used to remind her that my golf hobby was ok, because "he doesn't go the pub, doesn't go football, could be a lot worse things he could be doing"

sunshine

Visit site
Have an 8 year old who I have every other weekend from a previous and a 3 year old that lives with me and my better half.

Understanding is the key. I warned my gf all through lockdown that I was about to take up golf and she wouldn’t see me as much. Luckily for me she understands that golf is something she would much prefer me doing rather than me going out and doing things that I really shouldn’t be doing, if that makes sense.

Managed to get away 3/4 times a week during last summer and I will be repeating it this summer. As long as I pull my weight around the house and the bills are paid I’m pretty much living a single life when it suits. Like I said previously I’m pretty fortunate to have someone that gets me which is something I can’t say for other lads I play with who have families who only seem to make the odd appearance every now and then.

In hindsight it didn’t make too much difference to her because those 3/4 times a week in the past i’d be playing football anyway so she’s pretty much used to understanding that sports / hobbies are a package that have always come with me.

2 kids and you’re playing 3-4 times a week… you obviously don’t have a job then ?

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
As long as you do your bit once a weekend. When my daughter was born and my wife was on maternity I would come in from work and fully take over so she could get some sleep. She did night feeds as I was working and believed as I was working and then doing all the evening support I needed a Saturday to myself to go and play golf. As my daughter got older I kept my Saturday but Sunday was always a family day out and I made sure I did my fair share during the week around the house.

it’s all give and take to be honest. There’s no point in you both being up during the night so you just need to be sensible in what you do and make sure you are fully supporting.

4LEX

Visit site
When I have kids I'll be getting a live in nanny. Small price to pay compared to the cost of a divorce. That way you can enjoy time with the little one, time with the Mrs and also plenty of sleep. Plus a fair bit of golf :whistle:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mums up half the night feeding/changing baby, lack of sleep tired = grumpy very grumpy?

Dad slept like a log what’s the fuss about?

Up early off to play golf ,see you in 3/4 hours love, oh and if baby’s sleeping you’ll maybe stick the dinner on. ??

Dad realizes why that plan never panned out??

Glad I never started playing until my 3 were in secondary school.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I have kids I'll be getting a live in nanny. Small price to pay compared to the cost of a divorce. That way you can enjoy time with the little one, time with the Mrs and also plenty of sleep. Plus a fair bit of golf :whistle:

Lol .. dream land.. £2000 Ish a month and then the mum's like oh I'll just give up work otherwise I'm paying someone else to raise my child and all my wages going there anyways

Fail to see how it benefits their mental health going to work getting away to work

Whenever my wife toys with giving up work it's a firm not a blooming chance don't you remember your year off maternity ? One flew over the coocoo nest

I offered an aupair .. "I don't want someone living in my space"

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I should add her nan always used to remind her that my golf hobby was ok, because "he doesn't go the pub, doesn't go football, could be a lot worse things he could be doing"

I remind my wife of the blokes my age who still go out every Friday and Saturday and are generally too hung over to help all weekend...depends what mood she's in if she takes it in.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I remind my wife of the blokes my age who still go out every Friday and Saturday and are generally too hung over to help all weekend...depends what mood she's in if she takes it in.

We have had to come to agreements on helping out with coverage at work, we 5 people down ATM with 2 retiring soon.. coverage is thin.. that's before covid isolations etc

I've worked 1 out of the 2 days at weekends plus My own weekends every weekend (bar 1) since November to help out. However I'm told in no uncertain terms that if it's nights I have to say sorry can't help. There used to be times where I'd do my 7 nights and do a couple extra to help but nights are so hard for her now I do my 7 and that's it.

She didn't mind me finishing Thursday morning and back in for yesterday day tho lol

Good job im not out on the lash otherwise I think divorce would be the option ?

sunshine

Visit site

Workable as long as she chooses the nanny not you. If you're dreaming of a hot live in nanny you can forget it :LOL: